Santa came early
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Santa came early

Santa came early

I have proof. There is a red sled in my garage. Either that or it is a 2013 Red F6B Deluxe. I am guessing I maybe bought someone's F6B here. Cycle Center of Denton had a good deal on one with a low 4500 miles. Traded in my R1200RT since the Interceptor kinda took it's place. 45 mile trip home and it is comfy. I call her Godzilla cuz she is a beast. I looked at a HD RK and a Victory XC and might have ended up with one of those had the dealers given me a decent trade in value on the RT but they didn't. That said, I got a nice Rice Bagger with Honda Quality so I made out ok.

I will post some pics and someone can tell me which after market windscreen I have. I just gotta remember to park correctly cuz my 135 lb frame won't be able to back out of an incline.

Woohooo... good for you!

Congrats!
    I'd rather be on my bike thinking about God than in church thinking about my bike.

Remember not how a man died, but rather how he lived.

RIP:
    MVSB
    SpeedGeek
    Saxon
    Eric Gustafson

Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post
    I have proof. There is a red sled in my garage. Either that or it is a 2013 Red F6B Deluxe. I am guessing I maybe bought someone's F6B here. Cycle Center of Denton had a good deal on one with a low 4500 miles. Traded in my R1200RT since the Interceptor kinda took it's place. 45 mile trip home and it is comfy. I call her Godzilla cuz she is a beast. I looked at a HD RK and a Victory XC and might have ended up with one of those had the dealers given me a decent trade in value on the RT but they didn't. That said, I got a nice Rice Bagger with Honda Quality so I made out ok.

I will post some pics and someone can tell me which after market windscreen I have. I just gotta remember to park correctly cuz my 135 lb frame won't be able to back out of an incline.
    Congrats, Sharkey. I literally just finished reading through your Bagger thread on another forum. I was reading through it after I read where you had crossed the F6B off your list after riding it, and was going to ask you why, then saw you had purchased one by the end of the thread. These bikes are amazing. I have a 2012 Ultra Limited and a 2013 F6B, and I strongly prefer the F6B. You made the right choice for a myriad of reasons. BTW, I test rode a red and black at Indian of Denton. Does yours have the Bagger Windshield? If so, that is a great bike. Again, congrats. Santa was good to you. Merry Christmas!

Edit: just saw you said Cycle Center of Denton, not Indian.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkey View Post

WoW 135lbs... That Red beast will fly with you on it. I'm 365 an I think it gets up an go. Better tie yourself on LOL. Great Bike

Congrats on your purchase. You'll just like it more and more all the time. Good luck from an ole west Texas boy.

Good choice and your new-to-you "rice bagger" as you said, will outperform, out run, and handle much better than anything HD has at this point and last a whole lot longer without out repairs and maint.......Ride safe and enjoy the bike....

Congrats on the early present, glade to see you have the fastest color welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by STRaider View Post
    Congrats, Sharkey. I literally just finished reading through your Bagger thread on another forum. I was reading through it after I read where you had crossed the F6B off your list after riding it, and was going to ask you why, then saw you had purchased one by the end of the thread. These bikes are amazing. I have a 2012 Ultra Limited and a 2013 F6B, and I strongly prefer the F6B. You made the right choice for a myriad of reasons. BTW, I test rode a red and black at Indian of Denton. Does yours have the Bagger Windshield? If so, that is a great bike. Again, congrats. Santa was good to you. Merry Christmas!

Edit: just saw you said Cycle Center of Denton, not Indian.
    Thanks to everyone for the welcome. Yeah I was thinking about a bagger for a month. We rode about 70 miles today down FM917, FM157, and back to downtown FtW where we took 4th St. all the way home to Cooks/I30 area. Wife said it was the most comfortable ride out of all the stuff I have owned and I have owned a lot of stuff. The F6B hides it weight pretty well. The ride had some decent twisties and freeway thrown into the mix. The having to lock the bags to take the key out thing I could live without. Overall, I think I did well on the deal and even though I haven't ever owned a HD, I just really like Hondas. I will probably join the local Wing Riders Club.

Here are a couple pics. Anyone tell me the brand shield on it? It isn't smoked or tinted. It is completely opaque. I like looking over the shield and we wear full face helmets. Couple Pics.

Attachment 25026Attachment 25027Attachment 25028

Hmm, unk why pics are not rotated correctly. They are right side up in my folder.