The meaning of gun ownership -- please add to the list - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The meaning of gun ownership -- please add to the list

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    To clarify a "well regulated militia", in English common law, just meant well functioning able bodied men so how is that any different than what is required today? Just ask the citizens in Chicago if they would feel safer with some armed, able bodied men, with good intentions, to patrol the streets unlike the armed, murderous men, with evil intentions who roam there now. Liberals love to dictate from their sculpted lawns in their gated communities, with armed guards, how the rest of society should function, out in the real world, in the cesspools their policies, gun control among them, have rendered for the last 50 years.

Every murder capital in the US has been run by Democratic/Liberal monopolies and through bribery, voter fraud, illegals being allowed to vote they have had a stranglehold on any opposition. So you can vote Republican in any major city for 100 years and it won't stop them, which won't stop these thugs, their constituency. What will stop these thugs is a blast from a Benelli M4 as they try a home invasion in their never ending quest to terrorize the people who actually work for a living and just want to live a peaceful life.

And to me that is the embodiment of the amendment in the Bill of Rights, in order to have the "security of a free State" those militia, or armed able bodied men i.e homeowner, are "necessary". Law enforcment is for the security of the government from being overthrown but individual gun ownership is for the security of the collective who make up that state and form that government, I see the two as mutually exclusive.

And as far as Civil War reenactments why shouldn't we honor, and be visually reminded, of the sacrifice of such a monumental and sad moment in time of our history. The dedication of time, money and effort these people devote to give us a glimpse of history in real time and real life should be applauded not mocked. You want to talk silly let's talk about grown men in assless chaps dressed like pirates on air-cooled...I digress.
    +1 Well said

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    To clarify a "well regulated militia", in English common law, just meant well functioning able bodied men so how is that any different than what is required today? Just ask the citizens in Chicago if they would feel safer with some armed, able bodied men, with good intentions, to patrol the streets unlike the armed, murderous men, with evil intentions who roam there now. Liberals love to dictate from their sculpted lawns in their gated communities, with armed guards, how the rest of society should function, out in the real world, in the cesspools their policies, gun control among them, have rendered for the last 50 years.
    When the police couldn't handle the mob in Ferguson, friends joined together in a militia to guard businesses.

Attachment 25157

Just look at those hand held mob and crime deterrents. Black, white, female. Now that's a diverse militia.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    The meaning of gun ownership:
    As "head of household" it is to accept the responsibility of keeping my family safe to the best of my ability.
    And to do that:
    a) Be well trained and proficient with whatever weapon I employ
    b) Ensure the proper maintenance, upkeep, and storage of weapon and associated parts
    c) Ensure that others in the domicile are well trained and proficient in use of available weapons
    d) Be fully cognizant of laws and regulations thereunto pertaining

Cheers,
    Steve

Well spoken, even for a Jarhead !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    When the police couldn't handle the mob in Ferguson, friends joined together in a militia to guard businesses.

Attachment 25157

Just look at those hand held mob and crime deterrents. Black, white, female. Now that's a diverse militia.
    That right there is the purest example of what that amendment is, it goes to the brilliance put into that document.

Cool

I believe the police were told to stand down...arrest them later thru video. I say shoot them and do your job, next time people will think twice about destroying someone else's property...Flame on....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I believe the police were told to stand down...arrest them later thru video. I say shoot them and do your job, next time people will think twice about destroying someone else's property...Flame on....
    +1.
    Bring it....anytime, baby.

No finer a definition:

What distinguishes those engaged in militia from an army

The authority for militia is any threat to public safety.
    Those active in militia are usually not bound for a fixed term of service, or paid for it.
    Those active in militia cannot expect arms, supplies, or officers to be provided to them.
    No one has the authority to order militia to surrender, disarm, or disband.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    No finer a definition:

What distinguishes those engaged in militia from an army

The authority for militia is any threat to public safety.
    Those active in militia are usually not bound for a fixed term of service, or paid for it.
    Those active in militia cannot expect arms, supplies, or officers to be provided to them.
    No one has the authority to order militia to surrender, disarm, or disband.
    Bro, you just made my 2017!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Glad to schwing you. Yeah, I kinda really like that a lot too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=28GLa9T2CtI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

It means never having to say, "I'm sorry, if I'd only had a gun".
    NMRed
    IBA# 63255