The meaning of gun ownership -- please add to the list
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The meaning of gun ownership -- please add to the list

The meaning of gun ownership -- please add to the list

Weapons are the sole means to liberty. Our freedoms are NOT secured by a document, by god nor by the bravery of our forefathers. Our freedoms are secured because people fear that should they try to take our weapons, we will use those weapons to fight back.
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns!

I suppose now you're gonna claim that Obama tried to take your guns away?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    I suppose now you're gonna claim that Obama tried to take your guns away?
    Are you really that dim? Or, just not paying attention? Both? I am not going to bother trying to educate you as you have proven that to be impossible.

This off-topic thread is about guns, not stupidity. Please don't post off-topic in this off-topic post.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

But David, should i not be satisfied with a flintlock? I mean that's what the forefathers meant......right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    But David, should i not be satisfied with a flintlock? I mean that's what the forefathers meant......right?
    That's true, but then the first amendment only protects spoken words, quill pens and the single-sheet, hand-fed printing presses. No free speech on telegraphs, teletypes, megaphones, PA systems, typewriters, computers, modern printing presses, ball point pens, markers, internet, radio, TV, satellite, fiber optics and telephone etc., because the founding fathers never imagined communication by those methods.

guns and liberty

If all the nuclear weapons are taken away only criminals will have nuclear weapons - hmmm ?
    or bio weapons
    or lots of IED's
    Or flame throwers
    or machine guns with bullet piercing rounds
    or laser cannons
    or the list goes on

If you think having a little or big arsenal really gives a nation with an army like the U.S. cause for alarm you simply don't understand things any better than ISIS.
    If you are deemed a threat to the American way of life and capitalism - their gonna drop your arse where it is without a second thought to how many m-16's you have hidden in your basement.

The meaning of gun ownership to me is - I can carry a handgun if I deem it necessary, I can carry a hunting rifle or weapon for that purpose as it is sensible for that endeavor but as far as owning an arsenal to protect myself against my own governments tyranny? Sorry, that's what the voting booth is for.
    If we make people take a test to get a drivers license, we should at the very least make folks take a firearms competency test with a psych profile, to ensure they are not the latest version of whacko.
    imo.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

But the wisdom was definitely there!

Thomas Jefferson was a wizard of great genius and knew about overbearing governments and what the people needed to keep those governments at bay. He said, and I quote" an armed person is a citizen and an unarmed person is a subject! Those that beat their guns into plow shares will plow for those that have guns. May not be a perfect quote but it is close and the meaning is clear. Evidently a lot of Americans have forgotten the long ago written words of the founding fathers.

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    If we make people take a test to get a drivers license, we should at the very least make folks take a firearms competency test with a psych profile, to ensure they are not the latest version of whacko.
    imo.

1. There is no such thing a a psych profile to ensure people are not the latest version of whacko. If there were, why stop at using it for gun ownership? Why not for driving, voting, breeding? You don't want a nut job to vote do you? Do you want to be hit by car driven by a nut job? Do you want to listen to the pitter patter of little nut job feet?

2. Only an idiot would think that taking guns from law-abiding citizens (the only ones that would follow gun control laws) would reduce violence.

2. Self-defense is a human right. Driving is a privilege with which cars are used to kill far more people, than guns are used to kill in this country.

3. Demoncrats want to take guns away from people because they are being shot by Demoncrats. Republicans want to keep guns in order to stop Demoncrats from shooting them. Just watch the communist news and you will see that Demoncrats are far more violent than Republicans.

4. There is no such thing a gun violence, just as there is no such thing as knife violence, hammer violence, fist violence, pressure cooker violence or fertilizer violence.

5. If gun owners were as violent as Demoncrats say that the are, there would be no Demoncrats left.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Thomas Jefferson was a wizard of great genius and knew about overbearing governments and what the people needed to keep those governments at bay. He said, and I quote" an armed person is a citizen and an unarmed person is a subject! Those that beat their guns into plow shares will plow for those that have guns. May not be a perfect quote but it is close and the meaning is clear. Evidently a lot of Americans have forgotten the long ago written words of the founding fathers.

True. The founding fathers learned from experience and were extremely intelligent and wise.

As my signature states: Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    as far as owning an arsenal to protect myself against my own governments tyranny? Sorry, that's what the voting booth is for.
    imo.
    Are you referring to the guns that we used to fight the English for our freedom?