The meaning of gun ownership -- please add to the list - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The meaning of gun ownership -- please add to the list

A driver license is not a right provided for in the Constitution. It's a privilege, not a right. Confusing the two means you are confused. Felons lose their right to firearms, felons of DWI cases can still have their license reinstated. That makes sense.

No such animal as a bullet piercing round. If you meant an armor piercing round, then we understand you may be out of your skill set. Just for a bit of education , an armor piercing round is less lethal than your everyday hollow point. Sure it presents a threat to body armor, but if you give me a choice, I'll take the armor piercing round everyday.

And citizens can and do own machine guns, flame throwers, tanks and so on. The cost of ownership for licensing by the government and the cost of the item itself make it just not cost effective for the everyday Chicago thug to obtain. Easier to break in my house and steal my firearms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    A driver license is not a right provided for in the Constitution. It's a privilege, not a right. Confusing the two means you are confused. Felons lose their right to firearms, felons of DWI cases can still have their license reinstated. That makes sense.

No such animal as a bullet piercing round. If you meant an armor piercing round, then we understand you may be out of your skill set. Just for a bit of education , an armor piercing round is less lethal than your everyday hollow point. Sure it presents a threat to body armor, but if you give me a choice, I'll take the armor piercing round everyday.

And citizens can and do own machine guns, flame throwers, tanks and so on. The cost of ownership for licensing by the government and the cost of the item itself make it just not cost effective for the everyday Chicago thug to obtain. Easier to break in my house and steal my firearms.
    Damn, those pesky FACTS! I own an M16 now. I just bought a second one along with a full-auto Glock 17 and a full-auto MP5. Just about to start the wait list for the transfer from ATF.

And, YES, if you outlaw nuclear weapons, only outlaws with have them.
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Not one shoot was fired the day the towers fell.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    Not one shoot was fired the day the towers fell.
    The towers were taken down by planes hijacked with 1/2-inch long blades. If shots could have been fired, the hijackings would have been stopped instantly. Gun control is what allowed the terrorists to kill thousands of innocent victims and responders.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    The towers were taken down by planes hijacked with 1/2-inch long blades. If shots could have been fired, the hijackings would have been stopped instantly. Gun control is what allowed the terrorists to kill thousands of innocent victims and responders.
    So you are telling me more mass distraction occurred with knives than guns? What will happen if mental stability becomes the way guns are controlled?

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Thomas Jefferson was a wizard of great genius and knew about overbearing governments and what the people needed to keep those governments at bay. He said, and I quote" an armed person is a citizen and an unarmed person is a subject! Those that beat their guns into plow shares will plow for those that have guns. May not be a perfect quote but it is close and the meaning is clear. Evidently a lot of Americans have forgotten the long ago written words of the founding fathers.
    It is a good quote and an offshoot from a biblical reference. Jefferson also liked having slaves for cheap labor and having sex with his favorite Slave Sally. That does not detract from his brilliance as a founding father or as a well written deist.
    My point?
    Times change, nations change and the needs of those nations evolve as do the people for many different reasons. Weapons have changed. At one time a militia was a useful thing - today it's more of an absurdity like an irritating flea on a dogs back. Nothing sillier than a bunch of grown men in hot wool reenacting the civil war in the south. Oh well.
    Gun ownership should be moderated by common sense not obsessions.
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Definitely added to the Sky Marshall program. Hmmmm, guns and trained operators as a deterrent and a measure to stop a threat. Sounds good to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Army View Post
    So you are telling me more mass distraction occurred with knives than guns?
    Box cutters to be precise.

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    It is a good quote and an offshoot from a biblical reference. Jefferson also liked having slaves for cheap labor and having sex with his favorite Slave Sally. That does not detract from his brilliance as a founding father or as a well written deist.
    My point?
    Times change, nations change and the needs of those nations evolve as do the people for many different reasons. Weapons have changed. At one time a militia was a useful thing - today it's more of an absurdity like an irritating flea on a dogs back. Nothing sillier than a bunch of grown men in hot wool reenacting the civil war in the south. Oh well.
    They do it in the north as well. Again you are ignorant.

http://civilwar-reenacting.com/reenactment-units

Once again you instill a thought against a group as absurd. What do you do for recreation? I'm sure it's absurd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    My point?
    Common sense, as dictated by liberals, makes no sense at all, and is unfortunately, all too common.

Times may change, but ideals and concepts for right and wrong never change. That's what the Constitution is really about.

Armed citizens are the ONLY determinant against crime by criminals and governments. Just look at Detroit, LA and Chicago for proof.

Militias have nothing to do with civil war reenactment. You really should educate yourself about a topic before forming a conclusion and spouting garbage. You might want to research the definition of Militia at the time that the Constitution was written. Don't be scared, truth and facts will only hurt a little.

The sentiments expressed in your post is sadly common among liberals and speaks volumes regarding your lack of education and understanding of history, human nature, society and tyranny.