Obamas Farewell Speech - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Obamas Farewell Speech

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Some people need to understand that upsetting fellow members/brothers on this motorcycle forum is nothing short of wasted energy. ALL POLITICIANS are liars, cheats and thieves ... that's the sad truth.

Call it age ... but I have come to the realisation that no matter how disgusted I become with politicians ... I just have to focus on my life and do what's best for my family.

No more calls, please. We have a winner!
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I agree with Phantom for the most part...I have personally known a couple of politicians in my life time that were outstanding citizens and true, and honest with those around them, great family men and very religious and men of high moral character...Both have since deceased but left a great legacy behind them....But as was mentioned earlier 99% of politicians are corrupt, liars, and totally dis-honest in what they do.....At 77 years old now, I mostly ignore politics try to stay healthy and enjoy my wife, life, and children including 16 grandchildren.....Regards and ride safe and If I have offended anyone with my posts, I truly apologize to them.....

Quote Originally Posted by Davidk View Post
    I don't care who you are, that right there is funny!
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    No more calls, please. We have a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I agree with Phantom for the most part...I have personally known a couple of politicians in my life time that were outstanding citizens and true, and honest with those around them, great family men and very religious and men of high moral character...Both have since deceased but left a great legacy behind them....But as was mentioned earlier 99% of politicians are corrupt, liars, and totally dis-honest in what they do.....At 77 years old now, I mostly ignore politics try to stay healthy and enjoy my wife, life, and children including 16 grandchildren.....Regards and ride safe and If I have offended anyone with my posts, I truly apologize to them.....
    Never offense taken - after all this is a motorcycle forum

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill1584 View Post
    Dang, Phantom. Thou art wise. Surely your professor was given pause to consider his place in the universe, if not in class then later on. Too funny.

I believe that far too few hold far too much wealth, and that the solution seemed clear to me. Simple, really. I believe each person in the country should wake up, face the provider in the mirror, and go out and make a million bucks. Or at least try. Utilize skill, hard work and perseverance. Now THIS would re-distribute a bunch of wealth. He laughed, thank goodness.

Ironically, I was bored in that class and was failing it due to lack of interest and learning much more in the field than in class. My professor was going to give me a token "C" because I deviated from his curriculum, I disagreed with him and felt that I truly deserved an "A". In order for that to happen the professor gave me a ultimatum . My last assignment had to impress the class and he would allow the class to give me my final grade. Its a long story but I succeeded in getting my "A" I had to do things that I had never done before and it worked.

I ended up doing O.K. in life.
    EARNING wealth is not easy,
    If you want what you've never had , you must do what you've never done.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

I like catfish, is that seafood? Oops....sorry OP I did watch the speech a bit but I think I heard gunfire outside and turned it off. No hijack intended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

In case you missed it

Here's the federal week in review:
    1. Trump fires all Ambassadors and Special Envoys, ordering them out by inauguration day. No exceptions.
    2. House brings back the Holman rule allowing them to reduce an individual civil service, SES positions, or political appointee's salary to $1, effectively firing them by amendment to any piece of legislation. We now know why they wanted names and positions of people in Energy and State.
    3. Senate schedules 6 simultaneous hearings on cabinet nominees and triple-books those hearings with Trump's first press conference in months and an ACA budget vote, effectively preventing any concentrated coverage or protest.
    4. House GOP expressly forbids the Congressional Budget Office from reporting or tracking ANY costs related to the repeal of the ACA.
    5. Trump continues to throw the intelligence community under the bus to protect Putin, despite the growing mountain of evidence that the Russians deliberately interfered in our election.
    6. Trump breaks a central campaign promise to make Mexico pay for the wall by asking Congress (in other words, us, the taxpayers) to pay for it.
    7. Trump threatens Toyota over a new plant that was never coming to the US nor will take jobs out of the US.
    8. House passes the REINS act, giving them veto power over any rules enacted by any federal agency or department--for example, FDA or EPA bans a drug or pesticide, Congress can overrule based on lobbyists not science. Don't like that endangered species designation, Congress kills it.
    9. Fired top administrators of the National Nuclear Safety Agency. There are no replacements named, and they'd need Senate confirmation anyway. Those two managed our active arsenal of nuclear weapons.
    Each of these was fact checked - your welcome to fact check again - in fact I encourage it as long as FOX news is not your fact based source.

Quote Originally Posted by tiltingf6b View Post
    Here's the federal week in review:
    1. Trump fires all Ambassadors and Special Envoys, ordering them out by inauguration day. No exceptions.
    2. House brings back the Holman rule allowing them to reduce an individual civil service, SES positions, or political appointee's salary to $1, effectively firing them by amendment to any piece of legislation. We now know why they wanted names and positions of people in Energy and State.
    3. Senate schedules 6 simultaneous hearings on cabinet nominees and triple-books those hearings with Trump's first press conference in months and an ACA budget vote, effectively preventing any concentrated coverage or protest.
    4. House GOP expressly forbids the Congressional Budget Office from reporting or tracking ANY costs related to the repeal of the ACA.
    5. Trump continues to throw the intelligence community under the bus to protect Putin, despite the growing mountain of evidence that the Russians deliberately interfered in our election.
    6. Trump breaks a central campaign promise to make Mexico pay for the wall by asking Congress (in other words, us, the taxpayers) to pay for it.
    7. Trump threatens Toyota over a new plant that was never coming to the US nor will take jobs out of the US.
    8. House passes the REINS act, giving them veto power over any rules enacted by any federal agency or department--for example, FDA or EPA bans a drug or pesticide, Congress can overrule based on lobbyists not science. Don't like that endangered species designation, Congress kills it.
    9. Fired top administrators of the National Nuclear Safety Agency. There are no replacements named, and they'd need Senate confirmation anyway. Those two managed our active arsenal of nuclear weapons.
    Each of these was fact checked - your welcome to fact check again - in fact I encourage it as long as FOX news is not your fact based source.
    Trump has done more to help this Country in his few weeks as President Elect than the Obamination has accomplished in 8 years.
    If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I like catfish, is that seafood? Oops....sorry OP I did watch the speech a bit but I think I heard gunfire outside and turned it off. No hijack intended.
    Catfish is seafood, damnit. So are hushpuppies. So is Thousand Island Dressing. Not a hijack, but a clarification.