What did you pay for your F6B or F6BD? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What did you pay for your F6B or F6BD?

I paid around $15K (plus taxes and fees) for my new leftover 2013 F6B in June 2014. Prices have come down since them on the remaining 2013 leftovers. They are great bargain if you can locate one.

Quote Originally Posted by blackmetoc View Post
    I am coming back from deployment and am doing research right now. I have been talking to a couple shops in MD. One shop in VA was still trying to sell a 13 for 19k. They clearly do not want to move that bike. I will probably buy in January when I get home.
    Pete's Cycle in Baltimore and Honda of Rockville both were, but it was their leftovers in stock and they may be gone. Honda of Rockingham, NC has a good supply Henderson NC Powersports says they can order and get what you want, but they are closer to $15.5 out the door.

There is a dealer in Chattanooga, TN that is good and they will match any advertised price.

BTW--- I am not being critical of what anybody paid, nor am I trying to gloat. If it were the bike I wanted when it first came out and I could afford it, then why would I not be happy? To each his own. Happy Trails

I have no patients, I saw it, I bought it.
    There are times I shop, but when it comes to things with wheels I am a complete impulse buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    Pete's Cycle in Baltimore and Honda of Rockville both were, but it was their leftovers in stock and they may be gone. Honda of Rockingham, NC has a good supply Henderson NC Powersports says they can order and get what you want, but they are closer to $15.5 out the door.

There is a dealer in Chattanooga, TN that is good and they will match any advertised price.

BTW--- I am not being critical of what anybody paid, nor am I trying to gloat. If it were the bike I wanted when it first came out and I could afford it, then why would I not be happy? To each his own. Happy Trails
    Thanks. I'll check those out. I'll be in MD for a bit and also will be driving through NC, so If I see what I like online, I'll stop off on my way home and pick up a bike. :-)

If you have to ask...

Just get an Indian!
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    If you have to ask...

Just get an Indian!
    I have demo-ed the Indians-- 3 times! I sooo wanted to be impressed. They are nice bikes, but I learned my lesson with Victory that a dealer network is important when you ride long distance a few times a year and/or need a part that should be on a shelf somewhere. The closest Indian dealer is over 200 miles away-- Vic had 2 within 20 miles each way but they were useless. When you have to ride 80 miles one way to get a tire installed, Honda, Yama, Suz, Kawi and Harley take on a different light.

Is it worth it to buy the deluxe?

IMHO, absolutely yes, for the centre stand (a necessity for any DIY maintenance), heated grips, self cancelling turn signals, and if you ever carry a passenger, they'll appreciate the backrest. You will also have the luggage brackets already installed if you get the Deluxe.

What are the differences between 2013 and 2014?

The only difference I'm aware of is that the '14 and later models have a different heat treatment on the 4th and 5th gears than does the '13.

Should I expect to pay more for a 2014?

It's a year newer than a '13. I would expect so.

Just remember all you guys who got such a smokin' deal that the trade in value will be appropriately lower because of that deal. Harley's keep their value better because dealers don't offer such deep discounts. I traded a 2009 Harley Street Glide plus $3000 for a lightly used 2013 F6B out the door and thought I got a fair deal. It came with ABS, passenger back rest, rear luggage rack and centre stand. I love the bike and don't really care about the price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Exploring the world, one road at a time.

I bought a '13 Deluxe in October of '14 for $13,999. I also came off a HD Screamin Eagle Fatboy (FLSTFSE), which I loved. But, like you, have found the F6B to blow the doors off the HD in every way. Better performance, more comfortable, smoother, more economical (especially when you look at the cost of parts/upgrades), I even like the sound (or lack thereof) better!

I bought a new left over 2013 b for $12999 in November 2014
    When a Man Lies He Murders
    Some Part of the World
    These Are the Pale Deaths Which
    Men Miscall Their Lives
    All this I Cannot Bear
    to Witness Any Longer......