If you wre building a tool pouch.........
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you wre building a tool pouch.........

If you wre building a tool pouch.........

..........that is 5"X4"X2", what tools would be in your minimalist kit?

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Metric Allen Wrench Set.........Harbor Freight......on sale $6.99

Includes Metric, SAE and Torx

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/c...mage_22953.jpg

I would buy one...to lazy to do all this work that has already been done..... I bought one on Ebay for $30 delivered !!!! We give away several at the rally each years as well....

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...l+kit&_sacat=0
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Not bad, but I don't see needle nose, dikes, or an air pressure gauge. Thanks for the link.

Really, we've covered this topic already you only need one thing if ever we break down.

Attachment 12903

And that's a big if!
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

It's for our Harley friends at rallies. They never seem prepared, they show up with beer and 12V beard trimmers. We have to show our benevolence.

The tools to carry will depend on what task you feel you may have to tackle on the road and what you are capable of doing. Look the bike over and see what bolt, screw or nut will need to be removed and the sizes to determine what is needed. Also one thing most folks forget.... a Volt/Ohm meter. You will more likely have electrical issues than mechanical.
    Lastly, in my opinion... buy good tools to keep on the bike!! You don't want to be on the side of the road trying to take a bolt out with a piece of crap stamped wrench or stripping a socket head because you have cheap allen wrenches.

Just my .02 cents

I've spent most my money on Women and Motorcycle, the rest I just wasted!!

It's for our Harley friends at rallies. They never seem prepared, they show up with beer and 12V beard trimmers. We have to show our benevolence.
    Now THAT'S funny!

Because of the vast distances around Au, some 23000 + kms, i have NRMA roadside assist premium. (Cost, about $190 au per year) NRMA is the Auto Club which services New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory.

I broke down (on my BMW R1150 RT) in Broome Western Australia (about as far from anywhere that you can get) 2239 Km from Perth and 3744 km from Townsville.

I phoned NRMA and they gave me a direct phone number, available 24/7 to the rep who was to handle my case. They arranged for the bike to be picked up by a courier in Broome, palleted and shipped by road transport to the dealer in Perth, they then paid my air fare to Perth, got me a hire car for two weeks and put me up in accommodation until my bike was fixed, all at their expense. Unfortunately, they didn't pay for the repairs but i can forgive them for that.
    Now that is service, so these days I don't travel without NRMA roadside assist premium.

Just thought i would chuck that in.

We have a ride arranged early next year to the Margaret River (Wine district of Western Australia) 3979 Km acorn the Nullarbour, anyone want to join us!

Cheers Chris

Someone said wine?