Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
Per my post above:
I doubt you can tell any difference whether you have the stock tweeters plugged in or not.

The advantage of not plugging them in is not having to disconnect them when you remove the shelter.

For sh!ts & grins, when you have your speakers out during the replacement process, plug in at least one tweeter (no speaker), turn on your radio and "see" what you hear. I'd like to know if you have the same observations that I did (almost nothing).
Valk, I don't know what frequencies that capacitor will pass but since it's a fairly small tweeter they're probably pretty high. Some of us lose the ability to hear high frequencies as we get older, I have and they are truly missed. The sizzle of a cymbal, the ability to hear everything that's going on around you, I just recently realized that it's just not there anymore. That may not be the case with you, if you were listening to FM it only reaches to 15kHz.
When I switch mine I'll have my kids come out and see what they hear using the flash drive as a source.

Regardless, since these have a dedicated midrange that will probably help overcome not only high frequency loss but the wind and traffic noise.
Thanks to you brave souls for your dedication to eking out a better sound from the stock stereo!