Last Saturday I decided to go for a ride, rode to a town about 20 miles away, stopped at a nice bar out of town and ordered an adult beverage and some food. While heading back from the bathroom an older lady stopped me, a little to old for me personally but since I have put a few years on and retired, they are the only ones that will look twice at me and not laugh if they catch me looking. She asked me if I had the black wing outside, the fast color and I said yes mam, cause my mother raised me right, about now I am figuring she is going to ask me for a ride or tell me she accidentally hit the 6 and wanted to exchange insurance cards, not sure which would be worse.
Well it was neither, a couple from the Goldwing Road Riders Association Chapter were having lunch and a meeting and wanted to know if I was interested in joining them. I gracefully declined, used some half assed excuse but told her that I would be interested in some information. Her husband stopped by later and gave me some info and invited me to a meeting in the future, I thanked him and that was that. They had a good 10 years on me and God bless them for still getting on the bike , was really a trike, and still getting out. I still love to ride, stop at the bars, go a little bit faster than I should and put some miles on. if they are any indication of other GW clubs I have known and read about, the ride from the house to the bar to eat would be followed by a ride home and a nap, I put 175 on that day and would have loved to do more but chores at home...