Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
Most people on this forum have their "favorite" pair of riding boots. I am not going to try to change anyones' mind about a pair of boots that they love.

But this is what I am currently wearing when I ride:

http://www.danner.com/boots/kinetic-...orm-boots.html

In my 43 years of riding, almost 2 million miles of riding, I have gone through a lot of boots...some good...some bad. It gets to be expensive when you buy a pair of boots that you "think" are going to be THEE ones, and then find out they do not work for you.

I believe I have finally found THEE pair. I wear these on all rides, short and long distance. They work great in the rain...even severe downpours, as they are indeed 100 % waterproof. However, they are also vented, so they are not too hot to wear. Riding through St. Louis this year, when it was 108 degrees out, my feet did not suffer. Riding through bad rain at the Tennessee/Kentucky state line, my feet were dry.

And, these boots survived a lightning strike. How many of you can say your boots did that ??????

I like these boots so much, that when I got home from North Carolina, I went back to the same store, bought a second pair on sale, and now have an extra pair for Winter riding. Key here::::::: Buy a second pair that is 1/2 size larger than you would normally wear, so that in the Winter, you can wear a heavier sock, or an electric sock, and they still feel the same as your Summer pair of boots, with a lighter sock.
Gore-Tex is the key to good gear. I have not tried Danner boots but Miles is always right! So when I wear out one of my pairs of AlpineStars (Gore-Tex of course) I may give them a try. I do have 2 pair: winter are 1/2 size larger, great minds think alike!