Transportation industry trends seem to be geared towards higher efficiency / lower displacement power plants. I believe that Honda may follow suit in motorcycle production as well, possibly offering a DCT into the GL family of bikes along with a lower displacement engine option. You can wish all you like for a lot of design improvements but Honda's marketing decisions are based in large part on federal laws / national standards in the various countries they marked their bikes in. For example, that's why you see the F6B in AUS with both reverse and ABS, while in Canada ABS only and here in the U.S., neither option. Personally, I'd like to have all the above but mother Honda had decided, for profitability reasons and no federal mandates, not to market this stuff in the U.S., but until something significantly better appears on the horizon, I'm staying with my six.
Agree 90%.

As mentioned in the previous post, I am not sure that Honda is willing to invest in a new engine for the limited GW market. Engine development, as you know, is the most expensive part of developing a vehicle. They could probably do a DCT but I bet they would stick with the flat-6...if they could make that work. I know I would be interested.

By adding ABS, reverse, air bags, etc. they would probably have to add $4000 to the price tag of the F6B. Now they are at nearly $25,000 in the cruiser market, probably a market as fiercely loyal to their brand (mostly H-D) as pickup truck drivers.