Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
Acording to ..... Cycle World's evaluation between the Harley-Davidson CVO Road Glide and the Honda F6B.
The H-D hp 91.27 @ 4970 rpm, F6B 103.66 @ 5580 rpm
H-D Torque 109.9 ft.-lb. @ 3750 rpm, F6B 109.9 ft.-lb. @ 4160 rpm
H- 1/4-mile 12.49 sec. @ 104.83 mph, F6B 11.84 sec. @ 110.97 mph
H-D 60 mph 3.7 sec. F6B 60 mph 3.3 sec
Dry weight, H-D 824 lb. F6B 813 lb
"The Honda’s roll-on acceleration in top gear also was a little better, edging the Harley by about three-quarters of a second from 40 to 60 mph and 60 to 80. But amazingly enough, both bikes posted identical top speeds: 124 mph.

But the Honda excels in too many important ways to play second fiddle. It’s faster, smoother and, when both rider and passenger comforts are taken into account, more luxurious. And unless you’ve either won the lottery or are prospering in these early recovery times, you can’t dismiss the $13,000 MSRP discrepancy between the Honda and the Harley. For that amount, you could buy any one of numerous full-size, top-quality motorcycles—or even a compact car!"
http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/04/22...omparison-test

On a side note the H-D tested had the screaming chicken flash in it so not completely stock imo even though it is a factory option.
Did it surprise you as much it surprised me that the acceleration numbers were this close? I didn't think there was a Harley this fast. I just can't picture one doing what I do with my F6B from time to time...rolling on the throttle in 1st with a quick shift to second, then looking down and seeing I am going 50 mph already after just a couple of seconds.

I read this whole article when I was doing my research on buying a new bike last summer. I can't believe what folks pay for an air-cooled twin (fairly cheap engine to manufacture) that powers a rattling bike with 2-3" of suspension travel and radio. $33k? Sheesh. What is the profit margin on those things ?!?!