Quote Originally Posted by Maddoggie501 View Post
Its definitely the plug. I matched up the headset that comes with the iPhone and the RCA plug is a little different than the RCA plug in the left dash compartment. Wish I could figure how to post the two RCA plugs. The iPhone plug has 3 separate white areas while the F6B plug has two. Maybe there is an adapter out there.
The extra ring is for the microphone. The iphone headphone jack is designed to accept either, I regularly plug my phone into some speakers that have only tip/ring/sleeve 3.5MM connection.
If your phone works with headphones then it is reasonable to say that you don't have an issue with the 3.5mm output jack on the phone.

Turn your key to Accessory, set audio to AUX with volume at about 8 and tap on the tip of the cord in the cubby. Do you hear a slight buzzy/electrical tap coming out of the speakers? Can you plug a different player into the cubby plug and get sound? If so, it could be that the volume is down on the phone.
I know this sounds crazy, but if you adjust the volume on the phone to full without anything plugged in, that is a different volume level than you will have when you plug in a headphone jack.
I just double-checked and yes, volume is retained from your last headphone session.
Also, you may have to click the AUX button one time.

If the cubby plug physically won't go completely into your case because of girth you can either use a razor blade to whittle it down a little bit (not recommended), or take your phone out of the case and use something to ream the hole a little bigger.

If the issue is that the right-angle adapter makes it so it can't plug in all the way, take the phone out of the case, plug it in and verify that it works, the order one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLZWP0W...ing=UTF8&psc=1
This adds 1-1/2' but terminates in a straight plug that should plug into almost any case.