Quote Originally Posted by XHarley View Post
AussieF6B,

Thanks for the info.

Do you know what the curb weight is on your F6B and is yours a standard or a Deluxe?

The 2016 US standard model has a curb weight of 844 lbs wet and the Deluxe has a weight of 855 lbs wet.

Would be interested in seeing what the addition of the reverse unit and the ABS adds to the total weight.

And, I would gladly give up a center stand for ABS brakes. I like the linked brakes that the F6B has but ABS is a safety item that shouldn't be an option on a modern heavy touring machine. Traction control is also good and would be nice to also have on the F6B.

Thanks and ride safe,

XHarley
The Canadian version (ABS and Cruise standard) is stated as 851lb curb weight with fluids and full tank. The Aussie version is listed by Honda as 847lbs (385kg) kerb weight, no mention if that's dry or wet. Probably dry as the only major difference between the Cdn And Aussie version seems to be reverse, which must add at least 10 pounds.

But 10 pounds one way or the other won't make much difference for an 850lb bike. We've all lost that much after a hot day's work and a good sized dump.

I doubt the F6B will ever see active traction (acceleration) control like the hyper-sport bikes have. ABS, OK... linked brakes, if Honda insists. The price of rear tires/installation is a better "traction control" than more electronics.

Bear in mind a Cdn Goldwing Airbag is listed at 919lbs wet... but also is the ABS version, presumably only missing the Airbag. So the published Honda numbers may not be all that accurate in absolute terms, just for comparison.