Quote Originally Posted by stevenolts View Post
I use one of these it works just like a cap for the USB port but has 64BG of storage (tiny / no weight). I put it in and let it hang and have never had an issue for almost two years. All you need is the music files and the stereo does the rest. You do not need or probably want a mp3 player!!!

SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 64GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive- SDCZ33-064G-B35
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC

$14.99
I put a Sony Walkman with 14 GB capability in my left bag velcro'd to the back wall and have 55 CD's recorded on it and they only used up a little over 2GB so I could possible record over 300 albums on it and still have room for more. On an all day ride I don't get thru 1/4 of those Cd's and also one nice aspect is the fact that the Sony has a little power coming out of it more so than a thumb drive which has none. The amplifier in the bike takes that little bit of power and amplifies the music to the speakers, its definitely a good volume coming out of the speaker system as at freeway speeds I am only running the system at 13 or 14 on the volume with no distortion and nice crystal clear music. Oh and the Sony comes with a USB cable ready to plug into the port in the left bag. But then again you won't get the Sony for $14.99 but I still think its worth the extra cash.