Quote Originally Posted by Papa Tater View Post
When you get a chance , can I get what 4 wires I need to tap into for the PAC, and did you also hook up the mute function? Wanted to at least get that sorted out before taping- securing that bulky wiring harness. I don't have a workshop manual, awhile back dealer did not have and said would take awhile to get one- I haven't tryed lately. Thanks again.

I just might actually get this thing done soon, funny how work and family functions get in the way getting her done LOL.
There are 2) 24 pin gray plugs that plug into the "Audio Unit " . The main box that sits inside the black box under the seat.
We're only dealing with one of those plugs.

One of the plugs has a white latch ,that one is not our concern.
You're looking for 4 wires on that plug. I cut them a couple inches back from the plug. If,for whatever reason, you wanted to reconnect them, a simple splice would repair it.

Basically a yellow, white,black and brown wires
I don't know how well this picture will come out ,but this is a pic of the schematic /wiring diagram.

I wired /soldered a resistor to each wire. I then paired the other side of those resistors down to 2 wires.

I used an online resistance calculator for the values. It's on this site. http://pac-audio.com/support.aspx

Basically the yellow and white wires each have a resistor soldered to them , then the other side of those resistors are put together to be soldered to the white wire of the PAC unit. The black and brown wires are the same, but they go to the black wire of the PAC unit which is actually ground or negative. The PAC has a black wire that comes out and has two black wires attached to it, One of those goes to negative or ground and the other you'll use to attach to the brown and black wired resistors. The white wire from the PAC unit actually has three white wires. I used the one with no stripe, The others are fine, they just add resistors.
It might sound more complicated than it is, but it really is pretty simple. I had to identify which wires were what using a multi-meter and the wiring diagram,

I found out that to get the Rockford unit working, I had to set the PAC unit for "Clarion" Had to call tech support for that.