Quote Originally Posted by Flhfxd View Post
I am not at all surprised to read all of your comments and to be honest, I think I knew way in advance that this would be the collective wisdom. As I said, I am familiar with the company and it's products. I feel as though I'm about to betray my brand.....! Now ain't that the silliest shyt you ever heard?
I was a life long Harley guy (still have an FXD in case of emergency) but the F6B caught my eye a few years ago when touring in California. I didn't want to "betray my brand" either. Then I took one out on a Honda test day. The engine is amazing. The torque is always there. Like you I live in a big city, this bike can act like a city bike or eat huge miles on the highway or swoop through the twists. The bike is heavy. However you only notice the weight when it's stopped or I'm pushing it to park it. Once you're moving the weight disappears. For a heavy bike, it's fast. 200+Kms is easy to do and you get there quick. I'm no speed demon but you can get into loose your licence territory pretty quick with this bike. The quiet engine/exhaust is a bit off putting at first coming from a Harley. I will probably put torque loops and Rush exhaust on it after my first full year of riding it to make sure it's what I want. I can't say enough about this bike. It's not a Harley and isn't trying to be one unlike some other baggers. The switch gear and electronics look dated but if you're coming from a Harley that is more than two years old, it looks state of the art. Take one for a spin. You'll understand what everyone on this forum is talking about. There are a lot of low km 2013-2014 bikes around for under 13,000 CDN. Good luck