Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
I'd hold out a bit. There is someone that is going to be offering some audio stuff for the F6B and Gold Wing. Among the items are some speaker pods for the fairing that would replace the left side pocket and the lid on the right side. These pods will accommodate 6.5" speakers. As far as a sub, it is going to need to be amplified, whether by an on board amp or a separate amp. As far as getting a signal from the stock system to another amp, that is a mixed bag of nuts. I had little success in a satisfactory outcome trying to use the speaker level outputs of the OEM system. I originally ended up , as detailed in this post, finding the pre out signals from the OEM head unit. Some others have done it, but my experience wasn't positive with the high level outputs. Now, I no longer have any of the factory system on my B.
Jimmyt, I think you missed that he is asking about tapping pre factory amp, not post. And as I have pointed out previously, my experience with tapping post amp was favorable.

cdtessmer,
Search for my post on audio upgrade for details on what to tap. I have schematics showing what you need.