Quote Originally Posted by Darkknight View Post
Yes I wanted to know about Ultimate seats. I've been waiting since summer for them to build one having had an Ultimate on my last bike that was wonderful.

Here's why I won't be getting a Russel Day Long.
1) I live in Ct. From here, RDL is a very long ride for mere mortals that aren't retired and have sweet hearts with limited vacation time (been divorced 2x, I'm taking this one with me). I'm using our vacation time for Franklin this year.
2) RDL uses our stock seat pan so I'd have to ship my pan or whole seat to them. It cost $179 to ship a Corbin just down to NC. from here, I can only imagine shipping out west.
3) So I can strip the seat and just send the pan... Now there is no turning back. I have no stock seat to go back to if I need/want to sell the RDL.
4) It's not just about me. My passenger is a major part of what I enjoy about riding this bike. She'll snuggle up to me for hours on this bike, Never touches the backrest, and is very comfortable on the stock seat. I can't do anything that will change that.
So why even get another seat? I want a backrest for when she isn't riding with me, which isn't often. So it needs to be quickly removable.
Not meant to be argumentative, but in response to 1-4: You could buy an extra seat used on the forum for $200 and have the member send it direct to Russell to save freight costs. (the stock seat weighs about half what the Corbin weighs) Then sell your old seat for $200 when you get the Russell. Russell built my seat and left the passenger section "as is" so no difference for your sweetie. Cost to do just the solo section is $550 or so which is less than Ultimate. I have nothing against Ultimate or invested in Russell but wanted to address your issues with the Russell process.