Hey All,

I've had 3 keys now made by Home Depot. Only 1 of them works in the ignition. That's actually kind of good, because two of them are for the other locks.

The one that works in the ignition did not work to lock the handlebars. I needed a good second key because I bought my bike used and the original owner apparently still wanted a key.

Anyway, I found that I could cut the key to work. The slots in the blank key of Home Depot don't run up far enough. I extended the thin slot with a dremel tool using a cutting disc. I used a cylinder sander for the wider groove.

I didn't mic it or anything, just used my fingernail as a guide. Worked first time! So, now I have a good spare key. I didn't want to lock the handlebars, loose the key and be screwed.

For the other keys: I bought a flat black knob from Radio shack for the glove box lock. I don't know if I will use flat back or gloss black for the tank lock. And I might cut it to have a lower profile.

I used a small knob that I had and painted for the bag lock. It is small enough to fit into that recessed area, rather than stick way out.

Here are some pics, enjoy

Attachment 3796Attachment 3797Attachment 3798Attachment 3799Attachment 3800