I can't take any credit for any of the below, got the ideas from various posts on this forum. I picked up an XM audiovox brand 10 preset channel tuner for $25 on Amazon that was brand new in the box with the car kit included. I simply plugged in the power adapter to the powerport I had previously installed in the left fairing pocket, plugged in the audio input wire provided by Mother Honda and used a little two sided tape to secure the unit and antenna.

Total installation time less than 30 minutes including programming from XM. It is about to rain here so I can't verify reception while riding but stationary its fine. What little I did get to ride it seemed to cut out a few times so I don't know if I may have to move the antenna somewhere other than inside the pocket. There is plenty of cable so I am sure I can figure out something.
I opted for a three month subscription for $9.99 a month so all told I have less than $75 for the entire deal.

Funny thing is my buddy put XM on his hew Street Glide a few weeks ago and all the hardware from HD cost him over $400.
Attachment 5438