Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
I have the OEM Stone on the stock rim and look at that tire with just 1190 miles on it and the center portion is already flat I believe that tire would be good for a mere 6/7k miles before it would be shot Cycle tires, even if reasonably priced are not worth the constant hassle of frequent tire changes. Those who ride Wings aggressively might get 6k from a cycle tire
Bob, I am surprised that your Bridgestone front tire is already "flat" in the center portion, with only 1190 miles on it...at that time. There are several of us on here that have close to...or more than...10,000 miles on our OEM Bridgestones, and the front tire is wearing perfectly well. I fully expect to get well over 14k, and maybe as high as 16k out of my current Bridgestone tires. I have to wonder is tire pressure has anything to do with the way your front tire is wearing. I run 40/40 for my tires, and they look very good at almost 10,000 miles.

My next set will be the NEW Dunlop E-3 Radials with Multi-tread compound. My experience with 3 previous Wings was that I can get 17k to 20k miles out of a set of Dunlops, and with the new change to the E-3 radials, I am hoping to get more.

Admittedly, I have been eyeing a CT for the rear...a Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3, run flat. That "may" be the new tire that goes on as the 3rd set gets installed, next spring.