Quote Originally Posted by wantone View Post
Well I called Honda this afternoon to ask the same question. They said there is no way they will have a retrofit kit available cuz there are lot of things involved the way Honda has cruise on their bikes.

Considering that I'm might go with --------. I know it is expensive but in the long run it will be much cheaper than trade in on a new bike. I also might reach out to one of the forum member who has -------- to help me put it. Obviously I'll pay for the Job. Once I get the installation steps printed, I might take it to one of the local mechanic and see how much he charges for the job in winter. I hope with the slow business he might be inclined to help me out. He has already told me that I will get a discount cuz he has not done one yet and he might learn something from of it.
It would be ideal if Honda made a plug-n-play OEM kit but the reason they're balking is, I'm sure, the same reason why it's so difficult to retrofit a GW cruise system. Regardless of what folks may say, a GW system CAN be retrofitted but the difficulty in doing that is so prohibitive that it's almost equivalent to saying it can't be done.

Plan B is to go with an aftermarket electronic cruise and purchase the 2015 F6B bar-buttons to operate it. Nobody would be the wiser about it not being an OEM setup. Several on the GW forums have gone this route with apparently good success; now us F6B'ers get to do it.

As for installation... why would you not enjoy the satisfaction of doing the work yourself?