I spent 20 years building and flying model planes. It is a very expensive hobby that is a lot of fun and at the same time you cant help but learn some things. After owning a few bikes with batwing fairings, these aero principles are reinforced. Here is what I learned.

Just putting a sheet of lexan in front of your face to block the wind has been going on for years. It has become the UNQUESTIONED method for motorcycle comfort whether it is attached to the forks, triple tree or fairing. Harley's batwing fairing is NOT the best way to shield the rider, but lo and behold, the style has stuck and the MoCo refuses to change the design fearing change is a bad thing. (Imagine That!). Next time out on your bike, try this experiment. Hold your hand out like you are giving a signal for a right turn. Notice the resistance on the palm of your hand. Imagine what the resistance is On a huge sheet of plastic bolted to the forks and you see what is going on with a Road King.

The best wind management comes with a fixed fairing like is on the B, Wing, Vision, Road Glide, etc where the fairing is mounted to the frame as the frame is much more of a solid foundation to mount a device for wind penetration. Now we get to the shape of the device that distributes the force of the wind around your body. IN MY OPINION this is just as important For EFFICIENCY as any other part of the wind management system you put in place. The accepted thinking is bigger is better. I disagree. It has been my personal experience that the design of Klock Werks provides the best protection, penetration, and efficiency while not disturbing the handling of the machine itself.

Your opinion may vary. While most people freely give their opinion on what they like, this is the reason WHY I like the Klock Werks shield. I think many will dismiss the product because of the strange looks, but it is the look that makes it so good. Research the product for the history and accomplishments and buy wisely.

PS----no slight to other products intended. Ride safe