Quote Originally Posted by Michael_A View Post
I saw the same weight limit and did a bit of research. The tires fitted have a load rating of 74 (on the rear) which is 827 lbs. The 09 Goldwing I owned had a rear tire load rating of 80 (992 lbs). I suspect that Honda fitted some "better handling" tires on the F6B at the expense of capacity. Run the engineering spec through the legal department and apply a conservative margin and you end up with a maximum payload less than a Honda Rebel. IMO, it's overly conservative since the chassis is fully proven to run at much higher weights. When I burn off the OE tires, I'll replace them with something that has a higher load rating, just on general principal, and carry on. Tire pressures are critical - so check often. Real world experience from numerous Glowing's indicates that in actual practice you will be fine. FWIW, the average weight that engineers use in calculating passenger capacity of vehicles used to be some ridiculously low figure like 185 lbs each; and some aircraft engineers used 150 lbs each! I suspect Honda is also using a "low average" passenger weight. A Mazda Miata I had also stated some ridiculously low max total passenger/cargo weight like 380! Kudus' for reading the manual, though....
BINGO!

Never thought about that.