Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
So you just got one sub? How does it sound going down the road? I read reviews of several of those compact self powered subs , and with that and having heard some in person, I didn't think that they would be adequate to add any real low end. I didn't have any success in trying to convert the speaker level power to line level power. Lot's of distortion as if the inputs were being overdriven. The adapters were rated to 50 watts and I don't see the OEM amp over driving that. Maybe. I ended up tapping into the wiring harness to use the pre out signals from the OEM head unit. Maybe you're not hearing it because of the low pass filter in the sub.
yup just one sub
im not a high end audio guy
i set my sights way lower,i wanted a little better clarity and a little bump,yes it won't bump like crazy but the avc works and i now have bass and plus i still have my bag

for high end audio i have my truck 4 kicker speakers a 10 inchfosgate sub and alpine amps behind a pioneer app radio 4

i ride my bike alot so this addition for me was perfect and it has the added value of driving my harley brothers crazy