Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
It was a reason for that . Everyone were hoping to see new , fuel injected engines . It was the time , when all motorcycle factories followed modernized technology . Carburetors and their archaic synchronization ( not to mention constant care ) , became obsolete and remaining leftovers were proving public expectations . For many , this bike still is an icon . Last year , 2003 Valkyrie with 6 miles on meter was sold on eBay for $12,500 in matter of seconds .
Don't buy that one Limoles. Why the original Valkyrie didn't sell well, can only be speculated. It was a different style of bike, in an era of American Chopper and V-twin turn key customs. The Valkyrie was said to be imposing and intimidating to some. When I first saw one in 96/97, I was in love. I have owned 2 Valkyries and still have one. Been a long time VRCC member. I don't recall anybody, back in the day, making such a fuss over fuel injection. Fuel injection certainly found itself on many people's list for a Honda reissue of the Valkyrie. That Honda did deliver with the 14. Constant care??? I haven't had to do any care for the carbs other than rejetting when I changed exhaust. If you are in the habit of letting one sit with fuel for prolonged periods of time of time, then yes you may have issues. My current Valk sitting with 80,000 miles on her.