Well now..............I have owned and ridden many bikes that have ABS, and I love it. There have been many times where the ABS brakes have made the difference between life and death...period ! If the F6B sold in the USA had the option of ABS...I would have bought it in a heartbeat, no matter the added cost. I guess it depends on what you think your own life is worth.

I think that Honda is STUPID to not offer the bike with ABS, when we know our Canadian and Australian comrades have it on their bikes.

There are many things I can do without on a motorcycle, such as heated seats...Hondas' version of a Nav GPS...or an airbag. But to me, ABS should be an option that is at the first level of upgrading any motorcycle. Honda offered that choice in the 2001 to 2005 Goldwings...non-ABS...or with ABS...and after that decision was made, then you could add anything else you wanted to.

But in the 2006 and later model year Wings, Honda told the riders that if YOU wanted to have ABS on your bike...you had to become a pimp daddy, and have a heated seat and a very poor Navigation package first...then you could get the ABS.

Having ABS on a bike is not a license to ride stupid...it is a safety tool...so that when a deer jumps across the road, or a car turns left in front of you, or the rain slicked road becomes slippery when braking, that is when ABS comes into play.