Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
And this is why I take a small tablet every morning....to keep my blood pressure under control due to the stresses incurred by the conflict within me caused by my moral upbringing and respect for life going in direct opposition to my desire to kill some asshole that desperately needs it. In this case, the one who chopped off a puppy's hind foot and threw the pup into a canal in Los Angeles.
I carry- and it is NOT in order to exact Gods justice on people in this and other examples. No matter how heinous that's why we have police and courts My ONLY 2 reasons are for my own personal protection should MY life be threatened...or ditto my family- any other situation is none of my business...and I may not really understand that situation anyway. The other reason is that I can, it is a right (and a responsibility). As they say- use it or lose it.

Once you shoot someone, your life changes, I don't want to do that because some asshole cut me off, or I got in a fist fight with a bigger guy, or I misinterpreted a situation that didn't involve me at a mall.