I hadn't ridden my bike for 1 week, not because the weather was bad, but because I had been busy with my brother-in-law looking at used V-twins. He isn't mechanically inclined at all, so I was his sounding board. We were looking at metric only 1100 and 1300 Yamaha and Hondas. After driving about 10 different used bikes, varying in age from 2004-2008, he bought a 2008 VTX 1300.

The point of my story is that I hated those V twins. They were all crude, vibrating, gear clashing attempts at mimicking HD. When I got on my bike this afternoon, I realized again where the sate of the art is for motorcycle technology. I'm not knocking V twin aficionados, only rejoicing that I bought an F6B and how much I enjoy it.

BTW, I stopped in at a predominantly HD and Victory watering hole to meet an HD buddy. On pulling in I was swarmed by a dozen guys in full puppet gear literally running towards my bike to ask questions. Since there are only 3 F6B's in my big city and thousands of V twins, my black F6B is a rare bird indeed. My bike actually drew more attention than a mint customized Rune also sitting in the parking lot.