Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
I never said that I ride like that all the time. On occasion, I push the limits of the bike but my comfort level is probably a lot higher than most in the mountains. I have forty years of experiece riding the twisties. I make no claim to be the fastest but I do run with some extremely fast wingers from time to time. I spent a few years road racing motorcycles and I know how to pick the fastest lines throught the corners. If you and another rider take the same line through the corner and you are at 35 degrees of lean and they are at 40 degrees, I promise you will be a lot slower than they are. It is simply the laws of physics at work. I also know and understand my comfort zone and the limits of the machinery that I ride. Like I always say, " Ride your ride" and don't tell me how to ride mine.
What laws of physics? More lean means less downward force on the tires, which means less friction and traction no?

Keith Code has some interesting comments on the subject; he's in the camp that says more lean is not necessarily faster.

Quote Originally Posted by ChiSteve View Post
According to you I should be playing the lotto? This is both sides. Real pictures here guys not bullshit theories or advice. You CAN drag engine guards. Just depends how good you are.
Nothing like patting yourself on the back eh