Quote Originally Posted by radi0chik View Post
I would LOVE to see something such as the Big Bike Parts 13-318 but have it be able to read the current internal TPMS that the Goldwings have. Right now, all it has is an idiot light that says it's low. It doesn't say whether its 1 or 20psi low. That would be nice to integrate into the F6 as well. Right now that's what I have on mine, and have no issues with it. I need to learn/figure out what language and how the sensors/receivers talk back and forth. It CAN'T be rocket science!
I guess you skipped post #26 above with this link

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?4...highlight=tpms

I have a home made prototype TPMS system with a fully functioning RF link between sensor and receiver module... and you're right, it's not rocket science. TPMS RF links operate in a specified frequency band defined by the FCC in the USA and their counterpart regulatory body internationally; the de facto standard frequencies are either 325 or 433 MHz. Most TPMS systems communicate using a frequency modulation technique called FSK, frequency shift keying. Basically, a baseband is chosen, either 325 or 433 MHz, and *slight* frequency deviations are used to transmit data that will be decoded as a digital "one" or a digital "zero" by the receiver. Once the receiver decodes the transmitted data and captures the stream of 1's and 0's, it can then digitally process the information and send it to an LCD screen, for instance, to display temperature and pressure data. That's all there is to it.

As for the Goldwing sensors, reverse engineering a receiver to work with them can be done, but it's a SIGNIFICANT task with no guarantee of success. I evaluated this option and concluded that it would be better overall to make my own sensors. This way, you have control of the software on both ends of the link which allows debugging and designing without relying on what little technical support Honda may provide (due to liability reasons they probably wouldn't provide any support).