Even with just the MBL risers, the handlebars are moved back enough such that the protective grommets on the hydraulic and electrical lines are no longer located where they need to be. 98, I hope you're taking care and won't have a line chafed through.

This picture shows my handlebars with the MBL's installed and grommets that have been repositioned. My biggest concern was the brake line on the right side. The protective grommet is originally at the location of the red arrow; it's hard to see but that arrow points to a crimped hose-end. The grommet is stuck on here pretty good, but prying with a screwdriver can free it up and allow you to move it so that it remains located at the metal clamp... thus maintaining protection on your brake line.

The grommet on the clutch line at the yellow arrow cannot be moved because the inner diameter is too small. However, the clutch line has some sort of thin rubber sleeve that is not present on the brake line. Hopefully this provides enough protection.

The electrical lines at the green arrows have grommets that are taped on. These are easily moved; just unwrap the tape and then reapply it.