I have just come back from a 3373 mile ride from North Dakota over to Fort Macloed up to Dawson Creek then over to Chetwynd BC then down hwy 97 to Washington state and then back home. I had some varying riding condition from 37 degree to 90. Crosswinds to headwinds and rain. I come from a 2006 honda vtx 1300c with R handlebars and a mustang seat with backrest with a national cycle chopped wind screen with lowers. Here are my thoughts.
1. The stock seat is not that good. I did do 650 to 400 mile days but arse was really sore. I did have a Alaskan sheepskin that I put on half way through the day. I also bought some goldbond to help.
2. I do have the madstad 11 in med tint windshield. This upgrade worked great. During rain it kept me fairly dry and in heat with it lowered and pulled back it gave me needed air.
3. I have the national cycle mirror wing. These work great also for regulating air flow to the rider.
4. Have the omni cruise and a strap on throttle boss. Both are great.
5. The f6b is just awesome. Felt so reassuring to be on that bike compares to vtx.
Love it.
6. Crosswinds are something I had to get used to. They can really catch you.Attachment 14798