Quote Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I've pretty much decided that I will be buying a new bike in the Spring, and the F6b is at the top of my list. I've tried to get myself excited about another bike as well, but after a demo ride on a sport tourer I'm just not sure I could enjoy that riding position for long rides at my age. I still haven't been able to set up a demo ride on the F6b but just the feel of it in the dealership (the one on the floor was already sold so they wouldn't let me take it out for a ride) was more than enticing. But the lack of the reverse gear on this 850 pound bike has me a bit nervous. I wonder how many of you with F6b's regret not getting the Goldwing for just that feature.
As you speak about a sport tourer I can tell you I had one (ST1300) and now ride the F6b. I am 61 years old and just over 6 feet tall. I have a much easier time backing the F6b than the ST1300 because with the lower seat I get more torque with my legs. I really don't ever feel a need for reverse. By the way, you are correct in thinking the F6b would be more comfortable for longer rides. Putting forward pegs on the F6b added even more comfort.