Quote Originally Posted by JetBlackWing View Post
Since I know from you write-up, you have seen all inside your F6B, and I have yet to purchase any aftermarket items or even remove much of the panels etc and explore the interior areas of the bike, I just wondering about alternative locations for a small amp, and subwoofer rather than the saddle bags, if you have come to find new locations. Also wondering.. with a 3 year factory warranty, if its jeperdizing coverage when any electronic mods are be performed (aka stereo improvements) Its close to the time the bike will be hibernation for the season (don't want road sodium/ chemicals exposure) Stereo changes are likely in the cards, but I have decided how far I want to go with it. I'm not one that likes to be shakin by others stereo's (music choices), so I might also for-go the sub Idea, and I would want to use this in traffic. I believe a better windshield, and better front speakers will be the first sound improvement though.
As far as a sub woofer, there are not a lot of options. It's going to involve some space. In my deliberations, I was at first intending to mount 2 subs ,one in each saddlebag facing the rear wheel. I instead went with the simpler route with the JL Audio micro sub and have been very happy with it.
As far as the amp, just depends on which amp you choose. The amp I used is pretty small in size and therefore can be tucked in a few places. The OEM location though didn't quite seem like a good fit. The amp by itself will fit but by the time you add in all the wiring it's a bit tight. Not to say it couldn't work, but the location in the left saddlebag where I put it, really takes up no usable space and it is easily accessed for any changes or adjustments. It could also be placed up in the fairing.