Just joined the forum and have questions - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just joined the forum and have questions

Quote Originally Posted by Riknchar View Post
    I bought a new 2015 F6B Deluxe for the same reasons cited by pretty much everyone on the forum. After a couple of months, though, I did decide to switch back to a full Goldwing, and was lucky enough to work a very favorable trade on a new 2015 GL1800.

I will in no way bash the F6B -- it is an amazing bike in virtually every way, and far superior to any of the other bagger style bikes on the road. For me, though, the full Goldwing ended up being a better fit for two main reasons:

1. At 5'9", 170 lbs, 32 inch inseam, the full Goldwing seat fits me to a T. It must have been purposefully designed for a person of exactly my size, because it just feels perfect to me. For anyone over 6' tall, though, it's clearly cramped, and the larger saddle on the F6B works much better.

2. I have a 7-year old son who loves to ride with me every chance he gets, including some fairly long interstate trips. The comfort and security of the full Goldwing seat trumps the F6B significantly, even with the backrest. Again, no knock on the F6B, the back seat is very spacious and for many people would probably be a better fit, but with a young child on the back, the wraparound seat is a must.

I also did find that I prefer the quieter tone of the full Goldwing exhaust to the slightly louder/edgier exhaust note of the 2015 F6B. When I first got the F6B, I actually loved the growly tone. But over time, and with longer trips, the constant drone wore on me more than I thought it would. When I fired up the 2015 full Goldwing, I just realized that I preferred the quieter exhaust.

So if you happen to be 5'9" with a need for a secure, wraparound back seat and a preference for a quieter exhaust, go for the GL1800! Otherwise, you'd probably enjoy the F6B more...
    Well unfortunately I am also 5'9" about 195lbs.,almost 76 but only have a 29"inseam and could never get a "warm fuzzy feeling" about the Goldwing's seating...With the F6B I am able, along with a lower Mustang seat and higher boot soles, to flat foot the bike at stops and just feel more secure with it overall...Almost bought a Wing a while back, but instead bought a Victory Vision Tour which had a much lower seat and did not feel, to me, as top heavy....Currently love the F6B and only ride by myself so I am good to go....Enjoy the GW as it is also a very nice bike....Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    Welcome. I am 67 and have been riding over 50 years. The F6B is the best, most fun to ride, motorcycle I have ever owned. I had two full Gold Wings after a long series of 10 Harleys prior to this bike. The full Wings always felt cramped in riding position and top heavy. The F6B takes care of both of those issues. I have almost 32000 miles on mine and enjoy it more every time I ride it. The windshield change is a must. I have had the Honda tall and now F4 Custom. I also prefer the Mustang seat with dropped pegs from the mini board setup. Hghway pegs are nice on longer highway adventures. In my opinion, the Deluxe package is a bargain. I use all the included accessories all the time. I really believe you will love the F6B when you ride it. It feels much lighter than it actually weighs and handles like a sport bike ( for old guys).
    Great info Texas TC, I just got rid of a 2015 level 3 GOld wing because it was too heavy at slow speeds. Looking forward to an F6B deluxe in the near future.