Pinlock - yes or no? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pinlock - yes or no?

Install once and forget!
    2015 Blue F6B
    Cairns AUSTRALIA

Pinlock YES!

I have them in my Shoei's and they work GREAT!!

Quote Originally Posted by SierraKen View Post
    I would vote yes on a pinlock. I have a Shoei Neotec and have used a pinlock for over a year. No fogging and find it easy to maintain. I have no issues with it at night.
    So why do you think they state never to use at night? That's why I have never used mine/.

shooter
    I think its a liability issue. Honestly its why I like the helmet. With the moveable sunshade , pinlock , and clear shield its an all weather , day or night helmet. I've used mine dozens of times at night. I can see great out of it.

The manufacturer states not to use the pinlock lens at night because it reduces the level of light coming through the shield, thus reducing the rider's vision. Sort of like, a rider shouldn't ride with a smoked or tinted shield at night.

I just purchased a new Neotech helmet as well and haven't tried the pin lock lens yet. I sure needed it last night...my Qwest helmet was fogging up big time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by VP8 View Post
    The manufacturer states not to use the pinlock lens at night because it reduces the level of light coming through the shield, thus reducing the rider's vision. Sort of like, a rider shouldn't ride with a smoked or tinted shield at night.

I just purchased a new Neotech helmet as well and haven't tried the pin lock lens yet. I sure needed it last night...my Qwest helmet was fogging up big time.
    Mine stays in day/night never had any problem with light and I have somewhat bad eyes to start with...

Pinlock on my Shoei QWest. Get a little fogging on outer edge if its real cold but just cracking it open a smidgen usually clears it up.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Guess that I must be the exception. I tried the pinlock on my Schuberth C3pro and the view was distorted for me. I had to remove it and just crack the shield when I come to a stop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

My pinlock works fine, but my left lens fogs up all the time and I have to crack the shield anyway. I use anti-fogging fluid too.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    My pinlock works fine, but my left lens fogs up all the time and I have to crack the shield anyway. I use anti-fogging fluid too.
    Sounds like it is not on correctly ???
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm3PvYKvouE
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com