What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 80
Page 80 of 126 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

Installed the wings last night. Had to do it twice, as usual for me. Had the job done, look at my roll around seat, and see two little washers left behind...SMH! Of course those are the first ones to go on under the mirror. I left a screw loose on the windshield install as you might recall....that was a do over also. I shouldn't even let you guys know how inept I am at times, but I figure it's worth a laugh at my expense....

Anyway, they get the test today....at least the tinted shield wasn't an issue. Some pics showing wings, pass. peg removal...basically what she looks like today.
    Attachment 17893Attachment 17892Attachment 17894
    If you look close, you can see a goober in the mirror.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

finally my Ultimate king seat arrived. Had to pay 300 extra for the belgium customs. first long testride with my 6.2 length, big difference with the oem Seat for me

Stored for the winter 😭.
    USN Retired
    IBA # 37743
    2013 F6B Deluxe "Big Red"
    2015 F6B Blue (Hers)
    Cage - 2006 SLK 280
    Previous Rides: 2005 BMW K1200LT, 2006 VTX 1300R,1986 CB650 Nighthawk, 1982 CM450, countless dirt bikes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If it's above 32 degree's I am riding.

Rode it today. We are lucky to have good riding weather at this time of year; regarding no snow nor salted roads as of yet. Would be nice for once if we made it into January with such conditions.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Installed a Superbrace and an anti-dive shim this week. Noticeable difference in the front end and both worth the investment for all the reasons previously stated in other threads. The suspension actually works now with the brakes applied over irregularities in the road surface instead of being locked up. Kudos to whoever thought of that shim.

i'll reinstall my anti-dive shim later today... forgot all about it since I uninstalled it for the brake recall work.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Happy, happy...Rivco aero pegs are in. Hoping a Saturday early am install. I work with an ex-machinist and he was impressed with the manufacturing of them. I got the aluminum anodized.

I just uninstalled my anti-dive shim for the second time. Getting ready to take my bike back to the dealer tommorrow morning; so they can address the leaking rear caliber bleed fitting; from the brake recall work that was done.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Like That Windshield

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    Installed the wings last night. Had to do it twice, as usual for me. Had the job done, look at my roll around seat, and see two little washers left behind...SMH! Of course those are the first ones to go on under the mirror. I left a screw loose on the windshield install as you might recall....that was a do over also. I shouldn't even let you guys know how inept I am at times, but I figure it's worth a laugh at my expense....

Anyway, they get the test today....at least the tinted shield wasn't an issue. Some pics showing wings, pass. peg removal...basically what she looks like today.
    Attachment 17893Attachment 17892Attachment 17894
    If you look close, you can see a goober in the mirror.
    Which windshield are you using? I like the look. What are the pros and cons?

Quote Originally Posted by flynrazr View Post
    Which windshield are you using? I like the look. What are the pros and cons?
    That's a Klockwerks Flare. For me, I feel it's perfect. I'm a tad under 6'. You're going to feel some buffeting, it's not 100%, but what I feel is much less than expected. At low speed with a full face helmet, I can do the radio...at high speed, forget it. I went against my own words and already bought a half helmet for that reason. I recommend it if you're my height. I can't think of a con to be honest. My vision is great. Any taller and you'd be looking through it. There's a good 6" window to the road ahead and that's plenty.