The F6B second look

Thread: The F6B second look

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The F6B is an awesome bike for what it is, but I hesitate to call it an ST. Took the ST1300 for a spin Friday to keep all the lubricants moving to all the vitals. It is more S than T compared to the F6B. We have a criterion bicycle race that follows a figure 8 pattern around two blocks downtown here and I ride lead ahead of the racers. There are several different levels of races and the category one riders average 30 to 35 miles per hour. They can burst up to 40 so there are some sections I am running 40 plus to stay ahead of them. No problem with the ST but I tried one race with the F6B and it was just too low to the ground, scraping in many of the corners and that was with the slower riders. I will say that when it comes time for a ride I'll grab the F6B keys 20 to 1 over the ST, both are great bikes that do different things well.
    The most important things in life aren't things.
    Fall down seven times, get up eight.

F6B is a heck of a bike--picked up one when they first came out in 2013---sorry to say that when HD put out their "rushmore" bikes the call of the old v-twin was just to strong---sold the Harley a couple months ago and picked up a clean 2013 B---feels even better the second time around---

'88 FLST
    '95 Ducati 916
    '04 Moto Guzzi V11 LeMans
    '06 FLHX
    '09 Buell 1125R
    '13 F6B
    '17 BMW R Nine T Racer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

shooter
    You got that right Leroy.