Having owned a 2012 Honda GoldWing premium audio, and a 2015 Honda F6B, the two are very similar, but very different.

The adjustable windshield isn't a big deal, since you have to manually set it on the Goldwing and once you have it set where it works, you tend to not have to move it. The F6B has a little more room if you are taller, and the reverse gear is missing, but it really comes down to doing some thinking when you stop the bike IE back it in if the parking is sloping downward, etc.

The F6B definitely feels more sporty, the small weight reduction doesn't seem like it would be that much, but in reality the top box is high centered, so the bike is much easier to hop on and off of, taking the weight off the sidestand is where you feel it the most. I also had an ST 1300 and trying to compare the F6B to that bike is sort of a unique angle, since the F6B is sort of a sport touring bike in some ways.

As my title says - the F6B is what sounds like you need. It has a more stylish look to the hot "bagger" market going on, and if you aren't doing the long distance touring with a passenger, I think you will like the feel and custom look of the F6B.