Current mileage
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current mileage

Current mileage

Call it odd...curious...(or Hornblower will call it something else)...but when I took my bike to 'my dealer of choice' yesterday, and turned it over to their qualified service dept., they needed to make note of my current mileage on my bike, which is 18,500. Technically, the bike STOPPED recording any further mileage on it, as part of the lightning strike. The Speedo, Teach, and all 3 Odometers are not working. In my opinion, given what my bike currently shows on the faded odometer, and given the miles ridden since the lightning strike, I say I am right at 18,555 miles. (forgive me...I had to use the 555 number, because that is the race number for Subaru on their World Rally Circuit race cars).

When the dealership owner, Dale, came out to talk with me, and we talked about the mileage on my bike...Dale also has 18,500 miles on his F6B.

Now, it is rather curious, that our two bikes, (and we actually live about 10 miles apart from one another) just happen to have the same mileage as one another, and most likely high mileage for these F6B's, compared to what is being done around the rest of the country.

You know, some of you folks live in drier places than we do...and in places less likely to be struck by lightning...

So, two questions arise here: Why is it that our two bikes...10 miles apart...have almost the exact same mileage on them, both at 18,500 ?
    And...in pondering that question, what are other riders on this forum finding their current mileage totals to be at ?

Personally, I would love it, and be tickled by, if a rider in Oklahoma, or Texas, or Florida, or Pennsylvania, or wherever would have 25,000 to 30,000 miles on their bike right now. These are meant to be ridden...not polished.

mileage

Currently 5800 miles.....Purchased May 1, 2013 But after this week it should be nearly 10,000.

Short-Timer

I ride year round in SC but have owned my F6B for less than a month. 2550 miles so far. I only put on 20,000/year now due to my shortened comumute. For 5 years I used to do 232miles/day 5 days a week plus ride to several major M/C events. I miss those days!

Wow, Sparky, I also have 18,500 miles...divided by 4.625. Yeah, I'm a wimp compared to you.

To describe your terminal odometer reading, I would say, um, it was ethereal in nature. How about that?

Doesn't matter

The ONLY thing that matters is that YOU ENJOY the miles you do put on your new F6B! I know I do!

I bought mine July 27th. That is 8 weekends ago. Since I only have the weekends to ride, I'm averaging 512 miles per weekend.
    KJ
    SOLD 2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2014 Victory Cross Country Tour
    EZRIDE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I must be a real wimp i only have 2400 miles on mine.
    7 miles to work 7 miles home.

Just turned 10,000 on mine. Picked it up in mid-April.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustangjake View Post
    I must be a real wimp i only have 2400 miles on mine.
    7 miles to work 7 miles home.
    7 miles is not far enough to even burn the condensation out of your exhaust. Be creative on your commute you will do yourself and your machine a big favor. Start heading the LONG way to work. I'm sure you can turn 7 miles into at least 25. My most direct route is 17 miles but the fun way, with the most turns and least stops is 28 miles. I just leave a little early. Sometimes the the trip home ends up being 100+ miles.

Yes I could and I try but I got to get my lazy butt out of bed.
    I'll take the long way to work tomorrow let you know tomorrow night how far that is