IPOD or USB ? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: IPOD or USB ?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Tater View Post
    Try disconnecting the battery 1st , it resets the radio/USB. Make sure that's not an issue 1st.

Here's link to my post I did a few months back - hope this helps

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6...-My-USB-How-To

Papa Tater
    Thank you...I subscribed to your thread. I'm trying a different flash drive this afternoon. Step 10 will be next
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Success!

It now works! My IT guy at work used a different flash drive. A PNY 32GB. Plugged it in and success. Either the Sandisk isn't compatible, or 64 GB is too large a file? It works in a regular computer. So...to all who helped, and there was quite a few, a major thank you! Just beware of a Sandisk 64GB! Now, I was so excited that it worked, I didn't try the iPhone, but as of now, I don't need it to work there anyway.

Great to hear..way to stick wth it!

Quote Originally Posted by valkmc View Post
    I have never used a USB for music so I am curious how it is more convenient for storing and managing music? I have an IPOD I came into when one of my sons moved on to a bigger and better model. It seems very easy to use but I have nothing to compare it to.
    USB drive has no moving parts. If you have an older iPod, then it had a hard drive. The touch, nano, etc. are all flash drives, so no moving parts. You're just paying for a lot of features on an iPod that won't server you on a bike (wireless, camera, etc.). An mp3 file encoded at 128k should sound the same whether it is served up using a combination of the iPod and bike's software, or just from the USB stick using the bikes software.

Although, if you are using the iPod, you would likely be using its DAC, where the USB drive would have to depend on the DAC in the F6B radio system. That could potentially be an issue. Someone should do some testing and we'd know.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    Great to hear..way to stick wth it!
    Thanks...you were right on the Sandisk not working in the bike. It works on pc's. I traded mine with 64GB for the one that works.

Yeah funny story with the scandisk. My buddy has a CTX 1300 and I copied some music on a scandisk and he couldn't get it to work so I tried it and same thing no go. Not sure why but I'm far from a PC geek so just swapped it out for another and it was good to go.
    It's great to be able to load up the USB stick and play all the tunes with a flick of a switch. It comes in louder and better quality than the radio.

GaTeach
    YAY!

I think I might be stupid or something... but last year I road all year w/the same 80 or so songs on my 8 gb memory stick,had a lot more but a sht load of the were not formatted to mp3, I promised this year to do better. Bought a bunch off of Itunes, transferred a bunch to be formatted from something 4 to mp3, had about 400 or so songs, put them in playlists, took hours, using Wondershare to download them to the memory stick threw my computer. took it out to the 6 and all I seem to have is 150 songs, that I have never listened to and don't really like and totally not sure were they all came from. that I can listen to.
    Was reading the booklet, pushed the mode button,turned dial till either file or folder showed up and when I push on either one I get the same songs ? Anyone, anyone

Put my big boy panties, went back at it and do believe that I got it. Will have to fine tune and convert many to mp3 because I transferred differently and not from were I had previously converted then. but it's all good now.

I'm pretty confident in saying that on the F6B, the stock sound system is the choke point when it comes to quality. I prefer iPod to usb because I prefer the control interface when paired with the F6B.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]