Heat for Seat? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heat for Seat?

Mean city cycles did a great job. I have ridden in 42 degree nights on low and it was great. A whole lot cheaper than Corbin. Stock seat with insert. I'll try to post pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Need a update on this? How did the Heat Demon do? Pics, please.
    Will let you know once its off the "To Do" list and on the "Too Done" list.
    ss^,
    Ken

Spanky do you ever accidentally turn it on?

Was just thinking out of the box, what if Mean Cycles was invited to the 3rd Annual F6B Rally and installed bike heaters? Granted heaters aren't need that time of the year!

Hmmm..what if we invite other vendors as well? What if Rick had a tent? Got to get this idea over to the rally planning committee.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    Will let you know once its off the "To Do" list and on the "Too Done" list.
    Has your heated seat TODO list been completed ? If so, can you please post your impressions ?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Fla_rider View Post
    Spanky do you ever accidentally turn it on?

Was just thinking out of the box, what if Mean Cycles was invited to the 3rd Annual F6B Rally and installed bike heaters? Granted heaters aren't need that time of the year!

Hmmm..what if we invite other vendors as well? What if Rick had a tent? Got to get this idea over to the rally planning committee.
    I have turned it on but you feel it. no difference than accidently turning on the seats in the SRT....

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Has your heated seat TODO list been completed ? If so, can you please post your impressions ?

TIA
    Not yet, first I've got to get the fogs installed and maybe the HIDs and then the rest if the house work doesn't torpedo everything. But I will let you know, I'll probably put an IR thermometer on it to see how warm it gets.
    ss^,
    Ken

Getting that time of the year again.

It's getting that time of the year again. Anyone installed the Heat Demon heated seat kit yet?

Called Heat Demon and they are out of stock for about a month.

Ordered some larger heated seat pads that should come in this week for testing. Will test them with a Gerbing dual controller which should give more control than a 2 or 3 position switch.

Heating Pad?

Figured I would give this thread a bump and see if anybody had any luck with warming up their seats. I was also wondering if anybody knew a place that offered a basic heating pad that you just plugged in and then plopped on top of the seat for a quick jaunt? Every bike rally I go to I see these gel pad covers but nothing that plugs in for heat? I've got my original seat tucked away in my Mustang box but I just can't seem to justify paying to get it completely modified and then also having to go through all the effort of swapping it out with the other seat. What I really need is something that I can simply hook up and throw under my butt a couple of times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by BEIST View Post
    Figured I would give this thread a bump and see if anybody had any luck with warming up their seats. I was also wondering if anybody knew a place that offered a basic heating pad that you just plugged in and then plopped on top of the seat for a quick jaunt? Every bike rally I go to I see these gel pad covers but nothing that plugs in for heat? I've got my original seat tucked away in my Mustang box but I just can't seem to justify paying to get it completely modified and then also having to go through all the effort of swapping it out with the other seat. What I really need is something that I can simply hook up and throw under my butt a couple of times a year.
    Use a sheepskin pad. That will help keep the warmth.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537