Heated Grips (do you like) - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heated Grips (do you like)

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    It was 30 degrees when I rode home last night. The heated grips and baker wings did the job.

There is not that much difference in the low temps that we all ride in. The difference is we don't put our bikes into hibernation, we ride all winter.
    The temps don't get us either...it's the sand and salt. A couple of treatments on the roads and it's over...unless you're brave or dumb, and I vote for the latter. We wait...then ride our tails off.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

It was only supposed to get to 54 degrees / but it was 64 yesterday afternoon in St Louis. So it was definitely worth the ride in at 34 degrees.
    Steve

Just an experience

We had a trial by fire for the heated grips, a very good field test, we road in the rain for the better part of the day at 45 degrees, the heated grips were the only thing keeping my hands working the controls, my gloves were soaked thru and those temps at 60 miles per hour would have put me out of action with the hands being not able to work.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    We had a trial by fire for the heated grips, a very good field test, we road in the rain for the better part of the day at 45 degrees, the heated grips were the only thing keeping my hands working the controls, my gloves were soaked thru and those temps at 60 miles per hour would have put me out of action with the hands being not able to work.
    +1 on the heated grips, please note that field test also included high winds in addition to the cold and non-stop rain.

Where is the best place to buy the OEM heated grips?

I first had them on my k1200 GT, pretty spoiled now. Heated grips allow for thinner gloves, now if I could just keep my toes warm...

Quote Originally Posted by YikesCops View Post
    Where is the best place to buy the OEM heated grips?
    I found that the dealer where I bought my F6B gave me as good a deal as I could find on the OEM grips. I cannot recall the amount, but they gave me a percentage off the order, which put their price below what I could find online.

Quote Originally Posted by Necanefan View Post
    I found that the dealer where I bought my F6B gave me as good a deal as I could find on the OEM grips. I cannot recall the amount, but they gave me a percentage off the order, which put their price below what I could find online.
    I got mine off of eBay, quite a bit cheaper than my local dealer was willing to sell them.

Wish I could offer my opinion on how well they worked...But I wouldn't know.

As it has finally cooled down here in Florida, there has been some mornings I would have like to use mine...But I don't even have my bike right now as its back at the Dealer for the second time because the grip heaters don't work (2015 bike bought new in July).

1st time they had it for a week...
    Driver probably wasn't out of the neighborhood before I took it for a test ride....They fixed nothing!

So now, waiting for my bike again. This time I will have them verify on phone before it leaves the dealer that it is indeed fixed...Will also have the driver who delivers the bike wait as I take it on a test ride.

The grip issue is just one of a few problems I've had since I bought my bike, and all I can say is that I have NOT been impressed with Honda warranty repair service. The only thing they seemed able to do OK so far was the brake recall repair.

The heated grips work great !!! I have the 2013 with the heat and i have been using them since i got the bike about a month ago. I also have heated gloves which are unbelievable ,they will keep your hands like toast! I have used the gloves many times with my 07 fatboy. Going to disconnect the piece off the battery and connect on the F6B so i can use them with the Honda. Don't need them on the harley as it has lost its job for any cool weather riding.