Passenger Rider Modifications
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passenger Rider Modifications

Passenger Rider Modifications

Any input for passenger mods??? Wife not comfortable and never rides with me. She can't reach foot pegs or grab handrails. May have to trade in the F6B for a Goldwing any input will be appreciated!!!
    Tks

Is she riding on your shoulders? She must be petite. RDL makes custom seats and a foot rest extension should be an easy mod.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2015 F6B Deluxe
    Matte Silver

Could be easier to trade in the wife
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

Quote Originally Posted by stepbill View Post
    Could be easier to trade in the wife
    Thats a good one LOL but it would be very expensive

shooter
    Rivco makes adjustable floorboards. I have a set. Wife loves them. Backrest riser may make her feel more secure.

Add a trunk or ...

Attachment 18618

shooter
    With help like that I'm sure she will feel more secure.

As stated previously get the riser for the backrest. My wife hated the 6 until i installed it. She said she did not feel as secure as she did on the ST 1300, which has a top box. Took a trip from NW Oklahoma to Denver and she was fine. The factory backrest just hits you too low in the spine.
    The most important things in life aren't things.
    Fall down seven times, get up eight.

The foot pegs are easy to fix, just others suggested. As for back support, you can get a removable trunk with built in backrest and even arm rests. You can easily take it off for solo rides. Also, you will need more luggage capacity for two people anyways.

This is a good one:

attachment-1.jpgAttachment 18621

Some members have put a smaller, sportier looking one, which in my opinion look awesome, better than factory GW trunk, but provide less back support:

attachment.jpgattachment-4.jpg

I am in a similar situation. My mom will be visiting in a month for 3 months (my parents live in Europe) and she likes to ride with me. I want to take her to Daytona Bikeweek this year for her first time. I used to have a GW, which was supremely comfortable for a passenger, but I sold it and got F6B, which I like much better. So a bought this easily removable trunk (4 bolts, takes seconds with power tool) from a local Honda dealer, because it was cheap (paid $175), OEM for another Honda bike and is light and well made, waterproof and lockable. It is made by Givi for Honda, and it says Honda on it. I have ordered custom made backrest for it and did not get it yet, but here it is:

20160114_171544.jpg

I hope this helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

Have you and your wife visited a dealer for a test ride on a GL 1800? We have a dual Russell saddle custom built, for each of us and use passenger seat back extension. The F6B was designed toward sport touring subsequently smaller pricing and few amenities. I have found keeping the wife happy has extended our time into the wind together.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!