Another New Member - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another New Member

Welcome to forum - I drove from Tampa, Fl to Torrington last summer.

John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Welcome Mate, have the same color myself, love it!

Welcome

Welcome from the Mountain State and congratulations on the new ride. Good people here and lots of entertainment. Happy to see you have the fastest color.

DMAGOLDRDR, My favorite ride is from New Haven to Kent Falls. I ran fiber optics on those roads years ago and know all of the little hidden secrets. Some of the best riding in the state is up there. I usually follow up with something to eat at Down the Hatch right on the lake. Out of your list of items, my most important one is going to be the windshield. I only go with poly shields never acrylic. (Issue with a shattered screen of a fellow rider that almost killed him.) I am looking at getting a National Cycle screen but will wait until I can try them on at Americade in June.

Amipro, I was fortunate enough to grow up in California where my High School had a Honda sponsored motorcycle shop class. The teacher taught me some great tricks with working on carbs. I was his go to on carbs until I was demoted for reversing the cables on a little dirt bike. He had to chase that bike half way down the football field. For the CBX carbs, I used a 4 and a 2 mercury manometer nailed to a board and blocked out at least an hour to do the adjusting.

Wjduke, I have never heard a good story about MS Nation. Any of my riding friends that have gone in have felt that they just want to move the units quickly but get full MSRP for them. Big time haggle if you want any kind of a deal. They used to have a yelp review where someone posted a review and included a picture of someone flipping the bird. Hopefully you got the price you wanted. Libby's runs RAT rides that anyone can go on at no charge. They are also starting to do camping rides. you should check it out.

Willl, I do amateur photography so you will see tons of picture if you want. My Avatar was a quick get out the phone and take a picture before it rains.

Everyone else, thank you for the welcome. I look forward to being a member here.
    2015 F6B Deluxe Matte Silver
    Former 2005 Triumph Rocket III
    Too many other formers to list.
    2015 Forest River Vengeance 29v Toy Hauler

Quote Originally Posted by hardtail View Post
    Welcome from the Mountain State and congratulations on the new ride. Good people here and lots of entertainment. Happy to see you have the fastest color.
    Not only is it the fastest color but it gets better mpg and barely uses any blinker fluid.

I bought at the end of the season with some help from my friend Dave Reed. He's got an insurance business and knew someone there. Got it out the door for $16,800....thought that was good for this area. One pro was that they brought it up to their Kawasaki shop near me so I didn't have to go all the way back there to pick it up. The cons were, it was delivered with a loose hand rail and no key master tag. They supposedly did the brake warranty. I don't have any firm proof. I never heard back about the key tag either, but I expected that. Through another friend, I found out about a Honda mechanic right in my town, so I am most likely done with that dealer.

If you see a Matte silver with a black Victory Cross Country tour, that's us.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by dwrichards View Post
    Not only is it the fastest color but it gets better mpg and barely uses any blinker fluid.
    Someone had been lying to you boys. Everyone on here knows that black is the fastest color. The Black ones don't just turn heads , they Inflict Whiplash.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Someone had been lying to you boys. Everyone on here knows that black is the fastest color. The Black ones don't just turn heads , they Inflict Whiplash.
    No, no, no. You have been misinformed. Silver bullets rip through the black shadows leaving a red blood stain behind. They taught this stuff in 10th grade.

Quote Originally Posted by dwrichards View Post
    Yeah! Honda fixed that problem early on.

SierraKen
    Welcome and congrats on your new ride!