L.E.D. front turn signal bulbs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L.E.D. front turn signal bulbs

I am having difficulty finding a set of front turn signal L.E.D. bulbs that will work on my 2013 F6B, I purchased the SoCalMotoGear complete LED turn signal brakelight/taillight pkg. but the front Amber LED bulbs in the kit simply do not fit the front sockets properly, and do not make proper contact in the socket to the necessary contact points, and do not work, they sent me replacement bulbs, and out of the 4 bulbs none will work properly, does anyone know of another option from any other manufacturer, or the auto/equivalent for this application.

You did not like SoCals turn signal kit with the bi-lights ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Check http://www.superbrightleds.com - I've had great results with their bulbs in a variety of vehicles. Including the switchback units.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    You did not like SoCals turn signal kit with the bi-lights ?
    Steve, I purchased the complete LED kit for the rear turn signals brake/tail light and front turn signals, everything worked on the rear by just plugging them in, and I was very satisfied with the rear lights, the problem is with the front bulbs, they are amber and are the same as the rear bulbs and they simply do not work when plugged into the front sockets, I installed the LED flasher as well and the front bulbs will not work, SoCalmotogear sent me another set and same issue, my observation is this the stock rear bulbs will not plug into the front sockets at all, so the stock bulbs are shaped different, and SoCal's bulbs are shaped the same and they simply do not make proper contact in the front sockets to work properly, I worked back and forth with Tim @ SoCal and we couldn't come up with a solution,

LED front turn signal bulbs

Quote Originally Posted by ShanghaiDan View Post
    Check http://www.superbrightleds.com - I've had great results with their bulbs in a variety of vehicles. Including the switchback units.
    Dan, I just completed some research on the Superbrightleds web site and spoke to one of their tech folks, did you purchase any specific turn signal bulbs from them, and if so do you know which number bulbs you purchased from them, Thank you Randy

Glacier, I bought them for my 2013 F6B and they fit and work just fine. Are you sure you followed the instructions exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by glacier13 View Post
    Steve, I purchased the complete LED kit for the rear turn signals brake/tail light and front turn signals, everything worked on the rear by just plugging them in, and I was very satisfied with the rear lights, the problem is with the front bulbs, they are amber and are the same as the rear bulbs and they simply do not work when plugged into the front sockets, I installed the LED flasher as well and the front bulbs will not work, SoCalmotogear sent me another set and same issue, my observation is this the stock rear bulbs will not plug into the front sockets at all, so the stock bulbs are shaped different, and SoCal's bulbs are shaped the same and they simply do not make proper contact in the front sockets to work properly, I worked back and forth with Tim @ SoCal and we couldn't come up with a solution,
    Here is a pic under a canopy at a gas station mid day.... The head lights are H-7 HID, SoCal turn signals and the rectangular fogs from ShowChrome, side markers from Rick!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I've used SMD LED's in other applications and they seem to put out a hell of a lot of heat.

Has anyone had any problems with melting things after they switched to these?

....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

Quote Originally Posted by glacier13 View Post
    Dan, I just completed some research on the Superbrightleds web site and spoke to one of their tech folks, did you purchase any specific turn signal bulbs from them, and if so do you know which number bulbs you purchased from them, Thank you Randy
    Hi Randy, I don't have an F6B yet (still on my CTX - but test drove an F6B a few weeks ago and fell in love!), but have used their type A switchbacks in 1157 style for the CTX. Direct install, works great. I'd assume their 7443 type A switchback would be the same, since the F6B uses that size of bulb. So it should be SuperBrightLeds.com 7443-AW60-SA for the F6B. That should work.

NOTE: do NOT get the type B! Only get the type A I linked to. In most municipalities a light that flashes from yellow to any other color (alternating) is illegal. It is legal to turn off the white light then strobe yellow only - but you cannot alternate from white to yellow and back.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
    I've used SMD LED's in other applications and they seem to put out a hell of a lot of heat.

Has anyone had any problems with melting things after they switched to these?

....sT
    LEDs have a lot of heat in a small area - but a ton of lumens per area too. They should have considerably less heat than halogen or incandescent bulbs, but still 10W is 10W!