Duluth Fire Hose Pants - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Duluth Fire Hose Pants

Quote Originally Posted by BEIST View Post
    Dang it! Now you guys have got me buying pants! Every time I stop by here I end up pulling out my credit card.

But, on a brighter note; I have yet to make a purchase that I have regretted.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Ditto,
    I have a 36" inseam and with their waist size only going to 48" I'd need almost two pair to make one pair to fit my 55" waist(I'm 6'5" @ 400 LBS).
    I feel your pain Larry, I take a 42 waist with a 36 - 38 inseam (depending on how they are cut) ....

Finding a decent pair of pants is always a challenge.

It's hell being big in a short persons world ...........

Fire Hose Cargo vs Fire Hose Jeans

I just ordered a pair of Duluth Fire Hose Cargo Pants. I love that they come in odd waist sizes. I also ordered a pair of Duluth Lined Fire Hose Jeans (do not come in odd sizes). I noticed that the FH Cargo Pants are 11.5 oz weight, while the FH Jeans are 13 oz weight (lined or unlined). I was originally going to go with a pair of FH Cargo and a pair of lined FH Cargo until I noticed this. I'll probably never notice the difference, but I thought that the heavier weight of the lined Jeans vs Cargo might be a little warmer for cold rides.
    These will be my first Duluth Fire Hose products. Based on your recommendations, I'm excited. I thank you, and my credit card curses you.

-Jeff

How "stiff" are these Duluth firehouse jeans and cargo pants? Are they easy to wash; like a regular pair of blue jeans? Or is it akin to washing a carpet in the clothes washer?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    How "stiff" are these Duluth firehouse jeans and cargo pants? Are they easy to wash; like a regular pair of blue jeans? Or is it akin to washing a carpet in the clothes washer?
    They are easy to wash, just like other denim type pants. The term fire hose, refers to the stich of the fabric, but in reality, they are not quite like the hoses in your fire dept. I have several pairs and they are soft and comfortable, but feel strong at the same time. There is a Duluth Trading Post 30 minutes from my house, so I get there quite often. I have a friend who works road construction, he also wears the pants. He finally tore a pair after a year and a half, and he decided to check the Duluth "no tear" warrenty. Yup, they replaced them free.

I find them a little bit stiffer than my LL Bean jeans but not so much that its an issue. They wash the same as jeans. I sometimes wear my Bohns under them and its not uncomfortable at all

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    They are easy to wash, just like other denim type pants. The term fire hose, refers to the stich of the fabric, but in reality, they are not quite like the hoses in your fire dept. I have several pairs and they are soft and comfortable, but feel strong at the same time. There is a Duluth Trading Post 30 minutes from my house, so I get there quite often. I have a friend who works road construction, he also wears the pants. He finally tore a pair after a year and a half, and he decided to check the Duluth "no tear" warrenty. Yup, they replaced them free.
    Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    I find them a little bit stiffer than my LL Bean jeans but not so much that its an issue. They wash the same as jeans. I sometimes wear my Bohns under them and its not uncomfortable at all
    Thanks for that guys!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

If I had known...I would have had my wife only wash in cold water and very little soap... they start off being very rigid and then over time turn soft...I'm thinking they would be mode abrasive resistant in their original "starched" form...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Steve glad to see you tried some I think I mentioned these a while back on another thread about conceal carry. I have used these for years because I can carry the Shield 9mm in my front pocket without a problem. There fire hose flex pants are the best in my book. The also use to have ball room jeans that had the pockets on them like this fire hose flex pants but they discontinued them a year ago. I was upset when they did that and called them to let them know of my disappointment but it hasn't made any difference they still don't have them. Al
    A man can never have to much red wine or to many good books or to much ammunition. Rudyard Kipling

Once I was young and now I am old and everything in the middle went way to damn fast.

Have you ever sat and thought...... Damn Ive been thru a lot of shit.

Got mine

I received my Duluth Fire Hose Pants earlier this week. They are extremely comfortable! I can't wait to try them out on a long trip on the F6B. They will undoubtedly be more comfortable than a pair of Levi's. Since they offer odd sizes, I ordered one pair in my normal 34" waist and one in a 35" waist. It's time to admit that I'm no longer a size 34 waist! The 35's fit perfectly. I'm debating returning the 34's... Maybe I'll wait to see if I can get in better shape first...