L.E.D. front turn signal bulbs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: L.E.D. front turn signal bulbs

Quote Originally Posted by ShanghaiDan View Post
    LEDs have a lot of heat in a small area - but a ton of lumens per area too. They should have considerably less heat than halogen or incandescent bulbs, but still 10W is 10W!
    Yeah, I basically agree with that statement. There does seem to be a lot of confusion about LED's and heat. As ShanghaiDan mentions, it boils down to watts. The good news is this...both CFL's and LED's can produce lumens using less watts than incandescent bulbs. For example (in ballpark figures), to produce 800 lumens would require a 60 watt incandescent bulb. The CFL would take only a 13-15 watt bulb. And, an LED bulb would take only a 6-8 watt bulb. See why LED's are becoming more popular? As LED technology continues to evolve, we are seeing better color temp choices and efficacy exceeding 100 lumens/watt. From what I'm hearing, the next technological advance in automotive headlights is laser (check out Audi and BMW). How cool will that be?
    Ken (Hornblower)

front turn signal bulbs

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Rich View Post
    Glacier, I bought them for my 2013 F6B and they fit and work just fine. Are you sure you followed the instructions exactly?
    Rich, The bulbs they supplied me were a very sloppy fit, in the front sockets and did not make good contact, I reversed them as it said in their instructions, to no avail, my issue with the process is this. The stock rear bulbs will not plug into the front sockets, so if they provided me 4 bulbs that were the same, how will they work in different shaped sockets, the bulbs for the rear and the bulbs for the front have to be of a different shape at the base and all 4 that they provided me are the same, I purchased a set of 7443 bulbs @ Auto Zone and they fit perfectly, they are not as bright as I had hoped, so I am back to the drawing board on that, but at least I found a bulb that fits properly, I don't know what would be the difference between your F6B and mine as far as the wiring of the sockets, but they just would not work in my sockets. Thank You for your reply, I will try a pair from SuperBrights as they make a 7443 bulb as well. Randy Glacier 13

Lens

I am curious...does there happen to be a preference between the clear lens or the ribbed?
    Regards,
    Sober Biker

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
    It is the illusion of knowledge."
    ~ Stephen Hawking

2016 Goldwing F6B - Yet to be named
    2013 Goldwing F6B - "Bat Bike" Traded
    2008 BMW K1200LT - "Da Couch"

Quote Originally Posted by soberbiker View Post
    I am curious...does there happen to be a preference between the clear lens or the ribbed?
    Just personal preference.....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Just personal preference.....
    Thanks.
    Regards,
    Sober Biker

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
    It is the illusion of knowledge."
    ~ Stephen Hawking

2016 Goldwing F6B - Yet to be named
    2013 Goldwing F6B - "Bat Bike" Traded
    2008 BMW K1200LT - "Da Couch"

Quote Originally Posted by soberbiker View Post
    Smooth or ribbed? Depends upon your pleasure...